• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Palace: Verdict Thread

I can't be disappointed with 2PPG after the restart (of course it could be more, but that's a rabbithole you wouldn't go down in your own personal life, so why with your football team...)

If you want to point at an issue this season that's cost us (! And we're still going to have had a brilliant season, regardless) then it's those Everton/Chelsea results in September and our annoying tendency that Louie pointed out of us conceding first in the first half of the season.

I did a radio interview at the start of the season where they were adamant we'd struggle with the Europa League demands. Commentators kept banging on about it for months even though we were still doing well. We've gone out and proven that a) managers talk bollocks about it being impossible and b) we are no flash in the pan.

I'm proud of us however it turns out. Last minute goals and crappy penalties happen. We don't say owt when it goes our way.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me, but please don't misquote me to make or emphasise your point. Show me where I said Boly was 'poor' or 'hasn't been good'?

When we play with only 2 in midfield, then the WB needs to recover quickly which Jonny can do but Doherty struggles with IMO.

I can't be disappointed with 2PPG after the restart (of course it could be more, but that's a rabbithole you wouldn't go down in your own personal life, so why with your football team...)

If you want to point at an issue this season that's cost us (! And we're still going to have had a brilliant season, regardless) then it's those Everton/Chelsea results in September and our annoying tendency that Louie pointed out of us conceding first in the first half of the season.

I did a radio interview at the start of the season where they were adamant we'd struggle with the Europa League demands. Commentators kept banging on about it for months even though we were still doing well. We've gone out and proven that a) managers talk bollocks about it being impossible and b) we are no flash in the pan.

I'm proud of us however it turns out. Last minute goals and crappy penalties happen. We don't say owt when it goes our way.

Where did I say I was disappointed with the post restart?

I said Otto has been (by his own high standards tbf) poor post restart and (more importantly) Doherty has been our best wing back.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me, but please don't misquote me to make or emphasise your point. Show me where I said Boly was 'poor' or 'hasn't been good'?

When we play with only 2 in midfield, then the WB needs to recover quickly which Jonny can do but Doherty struggles with IMO.

'Poor' was just a choice of words (perhaps bad one) but you said he'd 'not looked as good' so replace every 'poor' in my response with 'not as good' and my points still stand.....ie defensively he has looked 'as good'.

Or you could just argue over semantics as a deflection tactic.

Not getting at you personally (if I don't quote you, then I'm not as a rule).

There just seems to be a general sense of disappointment and I don't quite get it.

Not getting at you personally (if I don't quote you, then I'm not as a rule).

There just seems to be a general sense of disappointment and I don't quite get it.

Ah nah agree with you anyone who's disappointed is a fucking idiot for my money what a season!

The supposed 2nd season syndrome, the added strain of a long Europa run and we've still better last season!

Proof last wasn't some sort of fluke we are a genuine top 10 Premier League team. If people can't see that as being the huge achievement it is in the time frame its come in then sorry but they're deluded.

Only thing I'm disappointed (actually gutted) with is the fact we've not been able to share the last part with them and more importantly show them the appreciation the they all deserve but that's obviously a different issue.

'Poor' was just a choice of words (perhaps bad one) but you said he'd 'not looked as good' so replace every 'poor' in my response with 'not as good' and my points still stand.....ie defensively he has looked 'as good'.

Or you could just argue over semantics as a deflection tactic.

No deflection necessary. You're entitled to your opinion, but IMO he hasn't. It doesn't mean I don't think he's a good player, because I do, but his best position for me is LCB.

Whoever plays RCB will have their hands full while Doherty plays RWB, although to repeat what I said earlier, he played well last night.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened if we'd started the season better in the league. Easy to forget now, but we stunk up the joint until the end of September/start of October.

A lot of the media puffery about the Europa destroying our season was clearly guff, but we did take an awfully long time to get our feet.

I dunno. We lost 2 out of our first 16. We did draw a lot though.

The Everton one was stupid as all the goals we gave away were shite, they were no good as well, Gylfi was offside for their second and we missed loads of chances in the first half.

Boly didn't have great games against Arsenal, and Sheff Utd and was culpable for the Burnley penalty in as much as Wood was his man which he lost, that doesn't happen then neither does the rest. I'm not sure that's a left/right thing more than players go through poor periods.

I'd be interested to know whether Nuno plays Doherty in the way he does, coming inside rather than out because that's what he can do or whether that's Nuno's preference? Hypothetically would he play TAA that way or overlapping like he does at Liverpool?

Doc's crossing from deep is still largely a load of utter shite (see the one he tried last night) and it ain't going to improve now, we need him nearer goal.

Doc's crossing from deep is still largely a load of utter shite (see the one he tried last night) and it ain't going to improve now, we need him nearer goal.
I agree, which goes back to my question, does Nuno play that way because he has Doc or because he wants to? Would he have Ricardo Pereira do that?

Great cross for Neto's thunderbastard against West Ham (that was a gash cross last night, proper slice.), he largely passes rather than crosses now, predominantly because Traore is the man getting to the line and crossing it in i would say.

I think he likes the wingbacks underlapping.

In fact given his assist vs Villa and his goal last night, Jonny should do it more. It's not like he lacks the ability.

Great cross for Neto's thunderbastard against West Ham

He got that wrong. He was going for Raul and looks pissed off the moment it left his foot....then surprised when Neto tapped it over the line

I presume Bruno is still standing in the same spot waiting for his moment...

EdZgf4WWAAA9_Rt

Back