• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Derby 3, Verdict Thread.

Danny Batth isn't the problem. He needs a leader next to him to organise him and tell him where to be. When Williamson was fit he did that role perfectly and we looked good at the back. We just need a quality experienced head alongside him in the middle.

He's the team captain, he's no longer 12 years old, FFs sake he knows by now what's he supposed to be doing or he's gone.... is he still here????

Seen the highlights.

Derby's penalty was incredibly generous. I couldn't say I wouldn't have been screaming my head off demanding a pen if it was the other way round though.

Cav reminded me of Sako with that challenge though - he didn't need to make it and give the ref a decision to make.

But very very generous nonetheless.

As for the foul on Cav - penalty all day long. And yet again the consistency of decisions goes against us.

So I can understand why he awarded Derby's but to do that and NOT award ours just makes no sense.

It wasn't the reason we lost though.

Seen the highlights.

Derby's penalty was incredibly generous. I couldn't say I wouldn't have been screaming my head off demanding a pen if it was the other way round though.

Cav reminded me of Sako with that challenge though - he didn't need to make it and give the ref a decision to make.

But very very generous nonetheless.

As for the foul on Cav - penalty all day long. And yet again the consistency of decisions goes against us.

So I can understand why he awarded Derby's but to do that and NOT award ours just makes no sense.

It wasn't the reason we lost though.

Agree - the reason we lost is that from 1 to 11 we were crap for the first 45 mins - anything remotely acceptable in that period & we could have come out of that period level, then who knows

Agree - the reason we lost is that from 1 to 11 we were crap for the first 45 mins - anything remotely acceptable in that period & we could have come out of that period level, then who knows

Do you mean "from 2 to 50"? ;)

I love that Danny B is a local boy, but he is the skipper.

why we keep calling for a decent centre half beside him to call the plays and organise the defence is a mystery to me, what the fuck is he Captain for, just the toss up and chose ends to kick off? FFS!

Jeez i've had captains who would have eaten my babies if i didn't listen to what they were swearing.
I played against Tommy Smith once, did something he didn't like, and he didn't have to tell me twice, and i was on the oppostie side to him.

Verdict.
It didn't take long for Rob Edwards to convince us he is not as good a coach as the previously maligned Terry Connor. Naive in the extreme. Didn't give the team even a remote chance of being competitive.

Verdict.
It didn't take long for Rob Edwards to convince us he is not as good a coach as the previously maligned Terry Connor. Naive in the extreme. Didn't give the team even a remote chance of being competitive.

Pmsl. Set up like Barcelona without the quality. Recipe for a stuffing. And that's what we got

I love that Danny B is a local boy, but he is the skipper.

why we keep calling for a decent centre half beside him to call the plays and organise the defence is a mystery to me, what the $#@! is he Captain for, just the toss up and chose ends to kick off? FFS!

Jeez i've had captains who would have eaten my babies if i didn't listen to what they were swearing.
I played against Tommy Smith once, did something he didn't like, and he didn't have to tell me twice, and i was on the oppostie side to him.

Agreed. I have been lucky enough to play with a number of professional players and ex players and to a man they knew what should and should not be done. DB this last half dozen games has been like a 17 year old learning the game and for captain that's not good enough even if he is a local hero.

I love that whenever possible we lean towards playing our younger players, but in the heat of a game, they still need a serious, experienced word in their shelllike, If no a bollocking at he moment, DB is not that person, and i don't think he ever will be, sadly.

Back