• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Fulham 0 the 'Simples really' verdict thread

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
Was 2 - could have been 5

The thread title says it all

Fulham decent but no cutting edge at all

To many superlatives to fit in to this as I can't type that quickly

Ruben. Neves.

I love this man.

Super solid and professional performance from everyone, even if it lacked some of the scintillating forward play Wolves fans have been treated to of late. Jota looked a bit off the pace and lacking his usual sublime touch, but I can forgive him that. Boly and Coady were immense and unruffled. Douglas racking up the assists with fantastic delivery.

Also, we need a new emoji for this forum. I want to put the hearts-for-eyes emoji about Neves every other post. I'm still pinching myself every time I see us play, thinking he can't be real. Neves MoM, but just outstanding stuff from the team as a whole. Loving it.

was that ever in doubt? Not really. Felt like we won without having to hit top gear. Great stuff. Enjoy an international break. I am liking this season. A lot

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to watch. We have players all over the pitch who are proactive. We havent even clicked yet. Sooner or later when everything clicks we'll hammer somebody 5 or 6 nil.

Neves my MOTM. What a player

Whole back line excellent. bennett played some surprisingly good passes to go with a solid performance. Great to see Boly back. Doherty caused them all sorts of problems as did Douglas. Coady looks like he's been playing that position for years at this level.

Front three sometimes it didn't click. Bonatini nearly got himself another and Jota could have had a couple. Cavaleiro worked himself silly as well as combining with Bonatini, Neves and Doherty excellently just couldn't sort his feet out in the final third.

We were comfortable really, and could easily have won 3/4 nil just like on tuesday. Last twenty or so was really good and refreshing I thought, there were no nerves at any point, and why should there be?!

I thought that was a very comfortable performance in what looked like pretty awful conditions in the second half.

Some cracking deliveries from Douglas made the difference ultimately but we played some great stuff throughout that and, in a way, Neves had the best game I've seen him have for us - not so much his passing that impressed me today (although it was as brilliant as ever) but his workrate was superb and I just love the way he wins the ball whilst staying in control of his body position so that once he wins the ball, he's set to do something with it straightaway.

Yes, we could and should have scored more and put the game to bed, but what was impressive is despite the fact things weren't dropping for us (Jota in particular) in the final third, we still controlled that second half through a mixture of some very hard work (big shout out to Cav for the effort he put in second half) and some really good all round game management.

A first half decided by our quality on set pieces and a 2nd half we looked really comfortable in - the only missing thing being another goal but that was nice to watch.

Fulham really were TOO nice. It's good to see teams trying to play football but they didn't have any clue how to try and stop us other than attempt to play around us. Really weird 'FIFA' goal kicks which oddly placed them under pressure more often than not.

But we were good, solid, comfortable and confident. Neves ran the game and I always felt we had several gears in reserve if needed.

I was never worried at any point of this game which is such a great feeling to have. We're a very, very good side and we're at the top on merit. We'll take some shifting.

3rd game in 6 days including 2 away games and 1 lengthy mid-week away trip.

This is what the main challenge of the championship is and the boys have overcome it. This really bodes well and indicates we can cope with fixtures piling up

Saw the post match interview with Leo, my God he's a nice bloke :)

A shout out to the half time entertainment as well. So appallingly bad it was hilarious. The exchange with the Swedish fan:

"Can you say 'Wolves ay we' in Swedish?'
"No, not really."
<awkward pause>
"Okay moving on and we have a YOUNG LADY here!"

:icon_lol:

Loved it.

Saw them at QPR - this was at a different level & was the real Wolves

Not sure we were out of second gear .

Everyone gets an 8 out of 10

Only downside to this is that I can't get a ticket where I want for matches as they have all gone in those areas weeks ahead of games

i must be in a minority (not bothered though) but i thought Cav was quite poor tonight.

What a team. Still can't get my head around all this. I remember Ferguson. I remember Matt Foreman. I remember the entire McGhee era. It's fucking madness this. What a time to be alive.

i must be in a minority (not bothered though) but i thought Cav was quite poor tonight.

Wasn't that bad, but made the wrong choice more than once

Unsung hero for me was Coady - if you only listened to the commentary then you would have struggled to believe that he was actually playing, but so many times he ghosted in, cleaned up the ball & passed it simply to someone in midfield who was better able to try the killer pass.

What a team. Still can't get my head around all this. I remember Ferguson. I remember Matt Foreman. I remember the entire McGhee era. It's fucking madness this. What a time to be alive.

totally agree, but as long suffering supporters over the years, there's always the nagging fear that it all goes tits up for us at some point.
if we do manage, and should,get promotion, then the money that will be made available could make us awesome.

Neves just raised his own bar, complete control in midfield. Boly is just epic and fair play to our coaches as Coady and Doc are just improving week in week out.

Feels like we are packing in 2 seasons worth of entertainment to make up for the dross we suffered the past 2.

Neves MOTM

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

totally agree, but as long suffering supporters over the years, there's always the nagging fear that it all goes tits up for us at some point.
if we do manage, and should,get promotion, then the money that will be made available could make us awesome.

If they blow this with this squad (& I know it's only 16 games in, but I have less years left to see us back at the top table than some of you) then they need to be taken out & shot - the bench today was better than last season's first team

Piece of piss that.

This is the best wolves team I've ever seen

I'm trying to think of a better defender than Boly who has played for wolves and a midfielder better than Neves and I cant

Never out of first gear.

Back