• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 v Norwich 0 The 'simples' really verdict thread

Comfortable enough. Not great, but we never ever thrash these teams do we?
Even when Traore came on we hardly got it to him.
Still 6 wins from 7 against bottom 3 teams, expected but not stand out.
Norwich really are a poor outfit, played pretty well fro the first 40 mins, passed it around well enough, lots of possession but blunt as a rib in the final third. Decision making not great either.
Patricio made a competent save when Aarons decided to try to force it in at the near post instead of a poke into the middle for a possible opportunity from Pukki.
Shame Jota couldn't get a 2nd hat trick, but Jimenez was handily placed for that rocket shot to come back straight to him off the post.
Vinagre hardly featured after he came on either, still... we were hardly stretched were we?
My wife and daughter fly to Spain on Tuesday so I can camp out guilt free on Thursday....

Without their keeper it would have been a minimum of 7, so yeah, we stuffed them

Speaking of the crowd, there was a kid in the Steve Bull singing 'Nuno Santo's Barmy Army' and the crowd were following his lead!

Yeah, he does that every week...he starts it up and we all join in!

Could've won 6-0 without getting out of second gear.

Good saves from Neves and Doherty and Jota hesitated too long early on. Really could have smashed them today.

Nervy first quarter hour but after that didn't look back. Everybody did their jobs without anybody really standing out.

Norwich were awful. Insisted on playing out but played themselves into trouble more than once. Really poor passing too, played straight out of play numerous times.

Thought Cavanagh was generally anonymous but the sceptre of VAR meant I didn't celebrate the first two as much as usual. I hate that. Hate it.

I thought that referee Kavanagh was good today for a change.
One or two Norwich fans are convinced they got done over by the ref and VAR. Mainly for the Doc handball and Jonny "stamp" icon_lol: Oh and Godfrey getting checked for a red when he got booked and unfortunately went through on Jonny trying to clear it.

Jonny - Nope
Handball - Nope
Challenge on Jonny - Didnt think it was even a foul on him. All done to justify stopping the game as the assistant thought Jonny was badly injured.

Amazed the Coady challenge wasnt looked at again. He is lucky all he got was a yellow card and a huge black eye.

That Coady challenge was right in front of me, I thought he was going - only thing that saved him was his foot was down.

Coady was nowhere near the guy to be fair - the only contact was his knee with coadys head.

Their player did him a favour by getting up quickly. I was another that expected to see him go.

Nah, Coady only made contact because the guy jumped him and caught him with his knee. He came in fast but along the ground.

Great win, big up Nuno glad he was big enough to see that 5, 3, 2 works so much better for a lot of games and drop the media favourite Traore. No one player is bigger than the team and whatever system is needed to win that game is what we should go with.

It makes me laugh a couple of weeks ago all the talk was Traore moving to a big club, transfer speculation etc Jota's name wasn't even heard. Now it'll be Jota for a week or so, when we they (and some of our own fans) realise we've got a squad full of great adaptable players and its as a real team/squad effort.

Nah, Coady only made contact because the guy jumped him and caught him with his knee. He came in fast but along the ground.

Not seen it back but was in the family enclosure yesterday very close to this and that's how I saw it too.

J7 mate he's in the row behind me (im in row T)

Saw something on twitter (must be same as mentioned J7) his dad stating he notices a lot of people rolling their eyes at him, when the kid gets going. Poor form man need more people with the attitude of that kid!

Diogo makes Garth Crooks' team of the week... as a CM :icon_rolleyes:.

Is it the same kid who I see at away games shouting “C***” etc., literally every word going. Must be no older than 6.

Neves was absolutely outstanding yet again. He's been brilliant recently, and has been performing at a level most of us all knew he was capable of. We've got one hell of a player there.

Diogo makes Garth Crooks' team of the week... as a CM :icon_rolleyes:.

It baffles me why so many people read that column, and/or listen to TalkSport. It's going to be absolute guff - why do people put themselves through it?!

Back