• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves History Thread

Geoff Thomas from <10% of the back of his head is impressive :D

It's Shirtliff behind Froggy, 100%.
Yeah definitely Shirtliff , I remember Greavsie making what would now be some very inappropriate "comedy" comments about Shirtliff's name and me not having a clue what he meant back then.

That has got to be Thomas's hair and his number 8, his stance too 👌

You want your pointless 80s/90s/00s knowledge then you come here. It's of zero value but you'll get an answer off one of us :D

Great series of pics Leeds! I met Frank Taylor's son 20+ years ago when he was in a senior role at Midlands Elec. He told me he used to visit Stan Cullis periodically (Cullis was obv pretty old at the time we spoke as he died in 2001). I lent him the Wolves edition of the World of Football mags I was given by my Uncle and though I think he returned it I must have misplaced it, maybe in a house move, as its the only one missing. #pisser.

as an aside, someone else i've worked with had an Uncle who played in goal for Crewe when Spurs beat them 13-2 in 1960. when i looked up the Crewe edition I did find a reference to the game and a comment presumably from his Uncle on the game. it was "I might have saved the ninth" which I was delighted to pass on to him lol. (he was a Derby County fan).

You know you’re getting old when you can name all those players

If true about Old Trafford's biggest crowd, that's a great quiz question

If true about Old Trafford's biggest crowd, that's a great quiz question
Yep, it's true. OT's lowest attendance is for a 2nd division fixture between Leicester and Stockport. Official attendance - 13!

I use it all the time as a quiz Question and also to wind UTD's fans up
early_doors_eddie.jpg

"When is that Wolves v Grimsby at Old Trafford question due?"

Back