• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Stoke: Carabao Cup Rd 2

The league is everything for me at this stage, we have a great chance (outwith next Monday, although you never know) of picking up a load of points out of the first set of games. That has to take priority over a cup that we're pretty unlikely to win based on its recent history - absolutely ignore it when people peddle it as being "easier" to win than anything else, look who keeps going all the way. So I don't really care what we send out.

But I imagine we'll actually go fairly strong, we tend to unless we're properly cramped by fixtures like we were last season.

A possible reunion with any/all of Fletcher, Afobe, Vokes and Batth.

I hate playing these bastards.

2016/17: W 2-0 (A, FAC)
2011/12: L 1-2 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2010/11: W 2-1 (H), L 0-3 (A), L 0-1 (H, FAC)
2009/10: D 0-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2007/8: L 2-4 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2006/7: W 2-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2005/6: D 0-0 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2004/5: D 1-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2002/3: D 0-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
1997/8: D 1-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1996/7: W 2-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1995/6: L 1-4 (H), L 0-2 (A)
1994/5: W 2-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)

Also imagine Stoke will make plenty of changes themselves, which will disrupt them far more than a few changes of our own disrupts our performances IMO

Isn't Afobe off to a Turkish team?

Yes, he's replacing Sorloth at Trabzonspor.

Pass bought. I want to see what the others can do.

Hey when you have fuck all else ( for two weeks more) Mikey ain't that shit!

This is available to stream live for £10.

https://carabaocup.live/

Would be a definite for a fiver but will wait to see the team first at that price.

Fair play to them for doing this though

"Revenue generated from streaming matches is split 50-50 between the Clubs involved, the same as if fans were able to attend."

Didn't realise I was giving Stoke a fucking fiver!

Refund! Refund!

Didn't realise I was giving Stoke a fucking fiver!

Refund! Refund!

:icon_lol:

If we were allowed in it would have been £15 a ticket, so they would have got more so robbing £2.50 off Stoke really

What would we do if Coady got a broken leg or other serious injury? At some point he just has to get injured. Presuming we stick with 3 at the back who takes his spot? Donk? Boly? Saiss? Neves??? Marques? It's not just plug 'n' play - whoever takes that role would need a bit of practice to get up to speed, and I see this type of game as a good opportunity to try it out.

Think right now Boly would go there. Saiss/Donck could do a job there too though

Can’t believe anyone is genuinely going to pay £10 for this, to watch a reserve game! Utter stupidity.

Just bought mine

Think right now Boly would go there. Saiss/Donck could do a job there too though

Donk for me for his passing range, though passing range might be less important with the tactical tweak we saw yesterday.

I’d have liked to see Marques get a game, but that seems unlikely if he’s back with the u21’s full time.

I hope we win. I get Deutsch’s point about the league, but this is a good squad opportunity for a few of our players to get some competitive game time, and for us to see the likes of Silva, kilman and Sanderson get a run out

yeah, give Coady a rest...will pay if i cant get it somewhere else..maybe a good time to watch the new guys too

Jordan Graham's Gillingham in the next round if we get past the Clayheads. They've just sneaked past Coventry on penalties.

Really hope we go strong for this.

With the exception of players possibly carrying any knocks etc players shouldn't and don't need rest at this stage of a season they need games!

Gillngham in the next round great chance to progress

I'd like to see a proper second string for this:

Söndergaard
Sanderson - Marques - Kilman
Buur - Vitinha - Perry - Richards
Shabani
Silva - Campana​

Back