• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Tykes Matchday thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ikeme
Iorfa - Batth - Stears - Doc
Coady - Prince - Price
Mason - Bod - Wallace

Subs - Lnergan, Hause, Saville, Tex, Costa, Cav, Gladon

I'm happy with that. I think he's made the right changes to freshen things up.

CBJ out the squad is slightly worrying, though...

Ikeme
Iorfa - Batth - Stears - Doc
Coady - Prince - Price
Mason - Bod - Wallace

Subs - Lnergan, Hause, Saville, Tex, Costa, Cav, Gladon

I like the look of that...

I'm happy with that. I think he's made the right changes to freshen things up.

CBJ out the squad is slightly worrying, though...

He's only young, gently does it

9 of last seasons squad starting. Maybe the new players are not quite what we hoped they would be.

Certainly wanted Tex and Cav in there myself. Bit disappointed.

Not against that team, Hammill and Winnall worry me on the Deutsch scale and Armstrong is decent. If we go for it I think we'll be ok

9 of last seasons squad starting. Maybe the new players are not quite what we hoped they would be.

Or maybe the new regime has re-energised some of the old squad (anyway its only 8 as Stears wasn't here last year either

So we should be playing our best attacking players. Which definitely includes Tex and Cav.

Happy enough with that, though I would have preferred Cav/Costa to Mason.

CBJ needed dropping.

Hourihane is their main man. He's seriously good.

Iorfa needs to be taking care of players like Hammill if he's going to be the player we want him to be.

Not a particularly surprising selection, Zenga has said he would rotate and he has. We weren't exactly great on Saturday by all accounts, whether changing half the team on a game by game basis is a good idea we'll only know it time.

It's fairly obvious that Zenga has had no say in who we signed. So it's also unsurprising that he will have to rotate to get to know how the players will gel.

Hopefully this works for the best and we can get a good impact out of Cav, Tex and Costa from the bench

CBJ and Cav were developing a good understanding. Disappointed to see that broken up. I also fail to see why both Price and Coady are in there. Sod stopping Hourihane, lets score some fucking goals.

Coady had a good game. Tex had an average/poor one which is why Price has replaced him.

CBJ cost us two points, that's why he's been dropped. He was having a good 2nd half like you say, but he threw that away.

I think you just wanted to lump all the blame on him on Saturday. I still dont agree so we'll leave it at that.

I'd have liked to have seen CBJ and Cav start again but I guess asking them to start twice in 3 days after having no pre season is a bit much when we've other players who can come in.

Pleased Coady and Oniangue are both starting again. I thought they were starting to forge a decent partnership on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back