• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves vs Norwich Matchday Thread

Shows where there is work to be done. Our defence is still far too weak.

AS Wolves have their best spell by far, Norwich go 2 up with a goal of majestic simplicity.
Ball gets worked in fast from the right and as the defense sorts itself out and mark up it comes to Jerome on the 'D' of the box and he lays it off back to Brady who is a good 4 or 5 yards outside the box and he sidefoots it high and wide curving into the top left corner of the net. Lovely goal. Brady was unmarked mind you, but he was a long way out.

Have we ever conceded a goal which hasn't been down to awful defending?

Think it's incredibly harsh picking faults with our defending for that one.

Nah. Look at Batth's position. He doesn't try and close Brady at all and there was time to try and do so. Saying that, nothing should take away from the majestic quality of Brady's strike, which was utterly magnificent.

Edwards gets a yellow there for treading on his ankle.... Not nasty, just daft.

You can almost hear Moxey on the phone to Morgan on his way home.......'yes, looks like things are starting to improve'

Edwards!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is this bloke in an Edwards shirt?!! Been a revelation the last 10 mins.

Now THAT was piss poor defending by Norwich. Fuck knows what their centre backs were doing.

Fair play to Dave Edwards. He wouldn't have been on the pitch if I was manager.

Would love to sneak a draw.

Terrific bit of foxy footwork from Cavaleiro on the right side of the box, stuns a slow ball forward to Doherty who blobs a neat ball up and over the defence onto the head of Duracell Edwards, who is running in and beats 2 defenders trying to imitate Batth and powers a great header into the bottom right corner of the net with the keeper flying across but unable to touch it...
2-1.

Is Tex on the sideline translating?

I would love to do the same to the budgies as the barcodes did in mid week.

I think the ref has been pretty consistent tonight BTW. He has set a standard for bookings and applied it completely equally for both sides. He has also tried to let the game flow as much as possible. For me, a decent ref.

Back