• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wordle

Try solving Lingo with me mother in the same room. So frustrating.

Coats
You can't have coats, there's no A.
Carry
YOU CAN'T HAVE CARRY, THERES NO FUCKING A.
Clamp
THERE'S NO FUCKING A!! IT'S IN BLUE, IT HAS TO LIGHT UP GREEN.

And on and on it goes. And if a letter shows up orange we are totally fucked!

Grr... Got it in 5, but it ain't spelt proper.

Can’t we all just agree that English is kind of a nonsense language regardless of which style of it we speak?

3, with Bear's spoiler. It's been bought by the NY Times - what did you expect? :mad:

Tactics - Do you use the same starting word? Do you use as many vowels as possible in the first couple of guesses so that you know what they are?

Can’t we all just agree that English is kind of a nonsense language regardless of which style of it we speak?
It is, much like the UK Parliamentary system it's a hotchpotch of cobbled together customs that constantly contradict each other or get ignored when it suits, rather than a set of rigid rules that one can pick up and learn.

It's a nightmare to teach as a foreign language on a structural level.

It's had Americanisms since forever tbf.
Oh, OK. I only heard about it a week or so ago. I didn't find it very challenging, tbh, so I haven't been keeping up. And I certainly won't bother now.

Tactics - Do you use the same starting word? Do you use as many vowels as possible in the first couple of guesses so that you know what they are?
I don't, I use the first word that comes into my mind. There are websites that will tell you the best words to use, but I've never read them. Seems like taking the fun out of it for me.
My son always starts with canoe

Use a starting word with 3 vowels in. Gets you off to a good start.

I have settled on suite as my starter. I'm going to stick with it, as I've known people who've switched their starter, and it's then been the word the next day...

Generally a word with a few key letters in - Slate, Space I have been using. I have done it in 2 guesses (including the first word) a few times

I've heard that CRANE is the scientifically superior starting word.

ADIEU is great for knocking out vowels. I do play on Hard Mode tho so my first word can be make-or-break.

It is, much like the UK Parliamentary system it's a hotchpotch of cobbled together customs that constantly contradict each other or get ignored when it suits, rather than a set of rigid rules that one can pick up and learn.

It's a nightmare to teach as a foreign language on a structural level.
Case in point: in American English, for reasons best known to... Someone? Anyway...

"Hotchpotch" has morphed into "Hodgepodge" over here.

Back