• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coffee

[i quite like the drip coffee in the US as an afternoon mild drink :censored:]

Been reading this thread with interest. Knowing I like a coffee the wife bought me one of these Bialetti jobs for Christmas:

View attachment 6858

It’s a lovely piece of engineering and that little bit of time set aside each day to enjoy it always a pleasure, but I’ve no refined coffee palate at all - I just really enjoy some ’stuff’ and dislike others, without understanding what it is I’m enjoying or missing. I suppose it’s just trial and error and paying attention, but any suggestions on what to use or how to get the most from that device would be appreciate.
Search for James Hoffman on YouTube and check out his ultimate Mokka Pot technique 😁

The number one thing you can do to improve your at-home coffee is buy freshly roasted beans and grind them per serving.

You'll never go back to pre-ground or *shudder* instant coffee.
I've been absolutely ruined by having had a Delonghi bean to cup machine at my previous work and now have nothing but hot water at my new job.
I tried instant again and it's just 💩...

I've been absolutely ruined by having had a Delonghi bean to cup machine at my previous work and now have nothing but hot water at my new job.
I tried instant again and it's just 💩...
Try some of these

Obviously not freshly ground coffee quality but close enough.
Taylors of Harrogate have a decent and cheaper bag as well but the above are the best I have tried

Last edited:
Had a Taylor's Italian bag and was surprised how nice it was

He's not an advocate of the inverted Aeropress technique tho, so he ain't alllll that.
I absolutely cba with that, I'm happy to try all sorts of messing around to make coffee but normal or inverted aeropress can get in the bin (literally with my old one)

I absolutely cba with that, I'm happy to try all sorts of messing around to make coffee but normal or inverted aeropress can get in the bin (literally with my old one)
I guess you won’t be having me brew a cup out of a siphon, then…

I guess you won’t be having me brew a cup out of a siphon, then…
I’m fine with all that, it’s just the aero press itself which I can’t be doing with.

Tbh I keep my delonghi bean to cup machine going by replacing it a la Trigger’s Broom (amazed if you get that!) as it makes the perfect cup for me.

I've got one of the Sage barista machines and they are great - definitely don't use it to the potential and am currently buying my beans from the Supermarket but does the job

Bang for buck, the aeropress is unbeatable

Went for clever dripper over aeropress as I just couldn't get the idea of me pushing down on it and it slipping and burning the shit out of me out my head

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Will put some effort in and follow the advice.

Currently just fire the Bialetti up once a day and not necessarily looking to do it more, just looking to make that one-off as good as it can possibly be 👍

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Will put some effort in and follow the advice.

Currently just fire the Bialetti up once a day and not necessarily looking to do it more, just looking to make that one-off as good as it can possibly be 👍
Quick moka pot tip that I've definitely stolen from Hoffman:

Run the reservoir under cool water as soon as the brew stops! Helps keep the coffee from scalding.

I’m no coffee connoisseur but the Aeropress is ace. Inverted every time, it makes more sense than the normal method.

I get my ground coffee from 200 degrees. I’m far from an expert (I’m more of a tea drinker tbh) but I like it.

Anything between 96 and 99 C should set you up for success.

Just watched normal v inverted and I don't get how either is different. Brew the coffee for 2 mins then press? Unless it's all in the magic turning upside down ha

Back