• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2023/2024 End of Season Worst VAR decision poll - Wolves.

Which decision was the worst to go against us this season?

• 9. Handball not given - Coventry Goal (Home FA Cup)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No mention of Soucek smashing his forearm into Semedo, West Ham away? Couldn't believe the ref didn't want a second look at that*

*well, I mean, obviously I wasn't shocked

No mention of Soucek smashing his forearm into Semedo, West Ham away? Couldn't believe the ref didn't want a second look at that*

*well, I mean, obviously I wasn't shocked
Coufal wasn't it?

Think he should have been sent off after that too

Moyes was expecting Coufal to walk in that game. 2 potential red card incidents for him

Fair challenge that, stop your complaining

1716294617373.png

Let alone the season, I think this might be the worst decision in the history of the Premier League. Utterly farcical

I can't even narrow it down to 3!

Some absolutely scandalous decisions in there and I can't even remember the Kilman headbutt incident, I was probably too busy raging about the penalties.

VAR did check but after seeing the slow mo they decided Max was actually giving Vinicus a kiss on the forehead

1716294987401.png

The Liverpool goal vs Tottenham has to be the worst.
You'd have to refresh my memory on that one.

I could watch that Wolves goal 100 times and still have NO IDEA why it was ruled out. Just utterly crazy.

I mean, they're all horrendous aren't they?

Reading through them, laid out in a list like that just makes you realise how utterly fucked over we were by VAR this season. Other clubs can have their complaints in isolation, but (sorry to go all Mario Balotelli here...) why always us?

Anyway. Top 3 for me (I could have picked any of them, lets be honest).

1. The Onana assault. He literally punches Sasa in the face and wipes two players out, while getting no where near the ball. No penalty, of course.
2. The disallowed Hwang goal for Cunha's flailing arm. A flailing arm that the Bournemouth defender didn't even notice as he literally carries on playing.
3. Kilman's disallowed header. I think by this point we were all done with VAR anyway, but they somehow managed to find another nonsense way of doing us out of points.

It has to be Onana for me. There’s simply no argument, no matter how scandalous, that makes it less of a foul.

Onana because it was clear as absolute daylight it was a foul, and the Cunha ‘foul’ because there was absolutely no need to get involved in that and they were just looking for a reason to disallow the goal. All of the others are just as shocking though, those two just made the piss boil hotter and kill my enthusiasm for the modern game.

The Gomes decision at Luton was "because his arm was high" right? Despite that being nowhere in the phrasing of the law?

lol

Be great if someone could make a sort of video montage from critical angles of these incidents to show just how much we've been fucked over by VAR.

The Gomes decision at Luton was "because his arm was high" right? Despite that being nowhere in the phrasing of the law?

lol
Claim was that arm was in an unnatural position, despite it striking his hand via a rebound / ricochet and there being no chance of the cross itself hitting his arm, with the cross being made from ground level just a few inches from Gomes outstretched foot.

Back