• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

A jolly good read?

Picked up several of the Charlie Parker series in a 2nd hand shop as read one of them & really enjoyed it. Keep me occupied on these dark nights.

I’ve got Dracula, American Psycho and The Historian to go at again when I’ve finished 1984. I was tempted to pick up some free Prime Reading stuff but most of it looks wank, at least I know I love those three books.

The journal/phonograph aspect of Dracula makes it a pretty tough read from my experience.

The journal/phonograph aspect of Dracula makes it a pretty tough read from my experience.
It really made it for me, I can see why people find it tough but I really enjoyed it. It’s been some years since I read it now, I’ve no idea whether I’ll enjoy it as much as the first time round.

Just finished reading Too secret Too long by Chapman Pincher about Roger Hollis, he was so obviously the fifth man.
It was a decent read but if I’m honest I’m glad to get back to my Cowboy books. 😏

A coworker of mine has recommended Tales From The Gas Station. Anyone familiar?

I’ve tried reading The Historian a couple of times but each time I ended up putting it down to read something else. I don’t know why I haven’t been able to get into it, it should be right up my street.

Just finished reading Too secret Too long by Chapman Pincher about Roger Hollis, he was so obviously the fifth man.
It was a decent read but if I’m honest I’m glad to get back to my Cowboy books. 😏
He wrote Not with a Bang, which was a pretty good novel IIRC.

I’ve tried reading The Historian a couple of times but each time I ended up putting it down to read something else. I don’t know why I haven’t been able to get into it, it should be right up my street.
I absolutely loved that book when I read it, I can't remember a thing about it now so looking forward to re-reading it.

Turns out I must have already read it as it’s on my bookshelf 🤷🏻‍♂️

Started Doppelganger by Naomi Klein this week. Looking like a really interesting read.

Still trying to forgive LJ (I think) for the recommendation of Blood Meridian - talk about Groundhog Day in the Wild West!

Mrs Lupo bought me Wilfrid Brambell's autobiography for Christmas, a bit random!

Still trying to forgive LJ (I think) for the recommendation of Blood Meridian - talk about Groundhog Day in the Wild West!
I don't think that was me. The title doesn't ring a bell & westerns ain't my thing.

Edit never read any cormac Mccarthy so not guilty m'lud!

Back