• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

A jolly good read?

Anyone read The Hunger Games?

Really enjoyed the first film so thought fuck it - I'll read them.

The Works is an ace shop: RRP £25 but I got all 3 for £8.

Anyone read The Hunger Games?

Really enjoyed the first film so thought fuck it - I'll read them.

The Works is an ace shop: RRP £25 but I got all 3 for £8.

Yeah read all three in a week!

They're not bad, good easy reading - reminds me of Phillip Pullman

Just finished "The Long Walk" by Richard Bachman. A really enjoyable book.

I would recommend any of Bachman books, particularly to those who enjoy reading Stephen King novels.

Reading "One flew over the cuckoo's nest" again because its one of my favourite books.

I'm almost finished with The Cuckoo's Calling, & have to say, with only 50 pages left, have really enjoyed it thus far.

Halfway through Dawkins' God Delusion. Tears apart the concept of a supernatural creator in quite a fun way. Made me chuckle anyway.

Currently halfway through HHhH by Laurent Binet and cannot recommend it highly enough. It is based around the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich but written in an entertaining and original way as the author tends to have a conversation with the reader throughout. Not only is it an interesting insight into Heydrich's career but it also includes many entertaining anecdotes about some of the main figures in the Nazi party.

Having just read the last page on 'Things that really annoy you' I would recommend 'Street on Torts'. It's a bit turgid but the chapter on defamation might be useful.

Just finished Winter of the World (book 2 of the Century Trilogy)by Ken Follett, and now have to wait 12 months for part 3 to be released :(

Just starting book one of The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time

Just saw this. I have read books 1-9 of the Wheel of Time. Need to buy the final books and then I will start it from the beginning again. Pretty good stuff, certainly the first five books, but Jordan did pad it out a bit, and then Brandon Sanderson finishing it all means I am expecting a bit of a change of style.

Having just read the last page on 'Things that really annoy you' I would recommend 'Street on Torts'. It's a bit turgid but the chapter on defamation might be useful.

Thanks. Rather than being clever about it, press the report button. That's what it is there for. I have passed your comment on through the appropriate channels and we will look at it.

The mysterious life of Huguette Clark ( WHO !! ) in ' Empty Mansions '

One of those books that you only want to put down when you have to eat ,and go to the toilet .

Might I suggest that next time you have a problem with what I post, you address me or the post directly rather than this cryptic bullshit. Dickhead.

Michael Calvin's 'The Nowhere Men' is a cracking read if anybody's interested in the scouting side of the game. Very easy to read, much like his Millwall book.

Reread, 'inverting the Pyramid' by Jonathon Wilson. A good opinion piece on football tactics and their evolution. Lots to take in but one of those books that makes you research further into some of the greatest tacticians and teams ever to grace a patch of grass.

Back