• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

AFC Bournemouth (H) Build Up and Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, spot on. We've already shown that we can manage the workload, we've beaten teams with way more of a track record than we have. Even if you get a group of death (would we be 3rd/4th seeds? Although we would go straight into the groups because of the way it works) then put it down to experience and enjoy it for what it is.

What we've done as a whole is to show what a sham it is when English clubs chuck it in Europe. Cowardly shit.

As for this game, I think we'll go 3-4-3. Neto or Jota (who was fine on Saturday, but then you look at Neto's impact...) is the only real choice.

Our coefficient at the moment is 12. Although the league Coefficient trumps that at minute (17.635). Even if we win the EL, not sure we will get into pot 3 as Chelsea earned 30.000 last year and the lowest pot 3 team in CL has 29.500

You go straight into Pot One if you win the Europa.

Happy for us to go with the same team and then push the magic Neto/Adama button if required.

I watched them on Saturday evening, they were truly awful, I don't think we need the insurance policy of an extra midfielder. They aren't going to go front foot against us, in fact I'm not sure what they can do, they look totally demoralised as a unit.

They don't have any full backs that can come near matching our threat out wide.

You go straight into Pot One if you win the Europa.

Of course, saw that mentioned the other day. Anything outside of winning it then will see us in pot 4 for CL

To be honest that doesn't concern me too much. Torino was pretty much the toughest draw we could have got in the final round of qualifiers, beat them home and away. How many English teams go and win in Turkey, we managed it (Christ, remember the reaction on here. Like we'd robbed it in a Jackett Christmas 2015 style).

I'll play whoever, I don't care. We always just take anyone on.

I watched a little of Inter last night. They look threatening going forward but maybe not so solid at the back - Napoli caught them out on the counter in the semi-final last week as well.

Sevilla look solid but maybe a little short of goals. I'm also assuming they get past Roma, which is far from guaranteed.

We know Man Utd, obviously.

Probably the other big team left is Leverkusen, but they've been wildly inconsistent, and depending on when the Bundesliga starts up again might've had 2 months without any matches once the Europa starts back up. I suppose Rangers could always pull an upset too...

If we get past Olympiakos and have a kind draw we've got every chance in a knockout tourney, IMO.

The Greek league starts again for Olympiacos on Wednesday, then they have 5 league games to complete finishing on the 8th of July. So probably around a month between their last game and playing us. I'd imagine it'll benefit us having less of a gap.

For anybody unsure on Eddie Frauds fraudiness..

In signing Danjuma (£16m), Solanke (£20m), Ibe (£16m), Mousset (£6m), Afobe (£12m), Gradel (£9m) & Grabban (£8.5m), #afcb have spent more than £87.5m on attacking players since promotion to the Premier League (2015).

Their combined return is 287 PL apps, 17 goals and 18 assists.

And Percy posted this earlier..

sorry Oli, old mate, can't be silent on this one. Not overlooking EH's past achievements but any manager who loses 34 of the last 56 PL games deserves serious scrutiny. Recruitment has also been appalling for some time now, while their mastery of the dark arts leaves a sour taste

God I hope we batter these.

Trying to argue with him but he has some scary double standards!

Oh well, maybe Howe is like a Martinez, relegate a team through your own ineptitude and come out smelling of roses.

Our coefficient at the moment is 12. Although the league Coefficient trumps that at minute (17.635). Even if we win the EL, not sure we will get into pot 3 as Chelsea earned 30.000 last year and the lowest pot 3 team in CL has 29.500

Yeah, the Champions League bonus points make a huge difference. If you get into the Round of 16 in the CL, you get 9 bonus points before you even start adding points from results.

It also doesn't help that our Qualifying Round points don't count for us, but oddly they do count against the national co-efficient.

The Greek league starts again for Olympiacos on Wednesday, then they have 5 league games to complete finishing on the 8th of July. So probably around a month between their last game and playing us. I'd imagine it'll benefit us having less of a gap.

They’ve been back for a few weeks in the league (beat Panathinaikos 3-0 last night) and finish the same weekend as us. Still unbeaten and 19 points clear at the top. I don’t know anything about Greek football but have just been keeping an eye on them.

They’ve been back for a few weeks in the league (beat Panathinaikos 3-0 last night) and finish the same weekend as us. Still unbeaten and 19 points clear at the top. I don’t know anything about Greek football but have just been keeping an eye on them.

Greek footie is generally pretty poor after the first four teams , and olympiacos has cakewalked it this season, and frankly it has been a one horse race from start to finish. They have the playoffs for Europe to come along with the remaining league games but they will finish it seems at least a month before they play wolves. My bet here with everyone who. Asks me is 3-1 wolves and from what i saw last night I have no plans to change that, panathinaikos were still at the beach, which frankly is the best place for them. It's a shit watch at the best of times but greek footie without the nutters in the crowd is like going to the funeral of someone you don't know.

I dunno, I think "pinning quotes on the wall" is a bit 80s, and besides which everyone's just calling them cheating bastards rather than outright shit. Other than the shit players they bought for massive money then sold for a loss or gave away for free.

I don't think it's a coincidence that VAR came in and they have struggled. They used to get silly amounts of pens, look at the two they got against us last season FFS, both an absolute joke.

This game is on BTSports, but because I don't have that I was wondering if there is anyone else that was showing it, that I can see at home.

Please PM if you can help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back