• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Afobe for England

Yeah very tough competition on forward pos, still it is great to see him in the mix..hope he will stay injury free, then im sure he will improve more and hopefully when(not if ;)) we are in the prem he will get his chance..

Not sure if I'm just biased but if you gave me the choice of Berahino and Afobe...

I was pleased to see Afobe included in the initial squad and I'm equally pleased to see him miss out. Yes it would be brilliant to have a Wolves player so close to the main England set up but this means he can relax over the summer and come back fighting fit and raring to go. His time for England will come in the coming season if he contines where he left off last season

I was pleased to see Afobe included in the initial squad and I'm equally pleased to see him miss out. Yes it would be brilliant to have a Wolves player so close to the main England set up but this means he can relax over the summer and come back fighting fit and raring to go. His time for England will come in the coming season if he contines where he left off last season

Spot on, Darlo. Last thing we need is him coming back knackered or injured

Not sure if I'm just biased but if you gave me the choice of Berahino and Afobe...

The player who is younger, and scored at PL level two years running. I rate benik but he's not at that level yet.

Think Benik offers more than Bera in general. Bera's a good scorer for sure but doesn't have the same all-around game Afobe has. Your logic is sound, though (no sarcasm).

Afobe Watch

Benik replaces Berahino in the U21 squad and will be in the squad for the last two group games.. Great achievement for Benik although I wanted him fit and ready to go for pre-season, he'll now be behind the Wolves lads in fitness terms now and most probably go into pre-season later then the rest.

BENIK IS IN! Replaces the injured Berahino. I celebrated when I read it, it will be good for him to play alongside Kane etc.

Really pleased for him, fully deserved...Now don't get injured!

Or, if England do well and he plays, he'll be ready for the season just as much as the rest of the squad...

(This was in reply to Quirk worrying Afobe will be behind all the other players in fitness when the squad returns...Really shoul of "quoted" it)

Merged Quirk's thread with this one.

Great news!! I think.

For Benik, certainly and i am happy for him, for us, oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh knees knocking at this point.

Can't see how it can be anything but good news. The boost and confidence it will give him to start the new season will be great.

Great news for Afobe. And for the club. It is always nice to see our players earning international recognition.

Why was Berahino dropped?

Done his knee apparently, but it doesn't appear to be too serious. That is good news for our dear friends at the crem. Losing him to something like a cruciate would really damage their team.

Back