• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Are we missing Dangerous Dave ?

Quirkafleeg

EMF Band Member. Dube player.
Reaction score
He runs and runs and runs and has zero impact some might say, however its clear as the nose on your face that we are genuinely missing Dave's pressing and shit. I'm no fan by a long shot, but without him the midfield has now the movement with or without the ball of a dead fucking rat.

I await being smacked down with a baseball bat for these horrific comments.

For a goal scoring threat no. However I liked the deeper role he played just before his injury. Winning his fair share of interceptions and jus popping the ball off to McDonald. I thought his energy and work rate did a job there. As a number 10 no, Siggy and Mason look like they may click soon, so prefer that combo.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

In as much as he would be more mobile than either Coady or Saville in a midfield two then yes probably, although I didn't see the game in Saturday so don't know how they did together.

The problems were always deeper than Dave Edwards as are the solutions. I still don't think he'd be in my best 11 in the best formation if he were fit now and all the other injuries remained, but yes he would be more effective than those currently being picked, I had him as MOTM in that role vs. Cardiff

NO The use of Dave Edwards was one of the early indicators of this coaches poor judgment team selection and tactical abilities. We shouldn't be giving this type new contracts it sets the club backwards.

No. Joe Mason fulfilled the role of running around a lot without ever being a threat on Saturday. The scoreline would've been exactly the same if you had swapped him out for Edwards.

As we have mentioned before during this endless argument. The whole problem is bigger than Edwards - however, it was baffling how a player with such little ability and little impact on games was getting picked ahead of say, Wallace. When I went to Reading I genuinely did think I would rather have Edwards than Saville. Equally as poor, but at least Edwards looked interested. I'm not sure if we miss him but results certainly haven't improved without him, which sums up our current situation.

His blog is pretty good: https://t.co/9b9DvYHTOm

As we have mentioned before during this endless argument. The whole problem is bigger than Edwards - however, it was baffling how a player with such little ability and little impact on games was getting picked ahead of say, Wallace. When I went to Reading I genuinely did think I would rather have Edwards than Saville. Equally as poor, but at least Edwards looked interested. I'm not sure if we miss him but results certainly haven't improved without him, which sums up our current situation.

His blog is pretty good: https://t.co/9b9DvYHTOm

YES. Every club misses their best players when they are injured, we are no exception.

I've said how I feel about Dave many times, he is a good squad player. Good for run about later in a game when legs flagging. Not a guaranteed starter. Even though I liked his deeper role, I'd prefer KMac and Price in that position over him every time.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

No. He's a crap footballer who we've just replaced with other crap footballers. Net result = no change.

He can't play in central midfield, never has been able to in the eight years he's been here, and he's a rubbish number 10 who was on a run of 0 goals in 14 games.

god no. He has no creativity, technique or vision so wouldn't improve things. The issue is that we've also taken out our guys that do have creativity, technique and vision in McDonald and Price, so we're completely screwed.

Putting Dave back in wouldn't help at all though.

No.

But of course he'll waltz straight back into the side the second he's semi-fit, without any need for U21 games.

If we could have Edwards in our XI tomorrow it'd be like treating a stab wound with a plaster.

I have a lot of time for the guy, works hard and genuinely loves the club but that should never mask his technical deficiencies.

We are definatly missing him. The irony of Edwards is KJ employs him in a role and system that gets the very best out of him. If only he did that for other personnel, most notably Adam Le Fondre.

I'm not sure what Edwards would've bought to the table vs Huddersfield that Joe Mason didn't on Sat. Played the same position, worked just as hard, got himself in the same kind of areas Edwards tries to and also fell over every time he shot. It was like a Dave Edwards tribute act.

I'm not sure what Edwards would've bought to the table vs Huddersfield that Joe Mason didn't on Sat. Played the same position, worked just as hard, got himself in the same kind of areas Edwards tries to and also fell over every time he shot. It was like a Dave Edwards tribute act.

I can see where you are coming from, but I do think Mason has more natural ability than Edwards. Granted that is no major achievement.

I can see where you are coming from, but I do think Mason has more natural ability than Edwards. Granted that is no major achievement.

Agreed, he just didn't show it on Sat. I'm not doubting that Mason wont be a decent signing for us, I just don't buy this argument that we're missing Edwards when Mason plays a similar kind of role.

Back