• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal (A) 29/11 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm

Attachments

• A23DFAC8-3665-4751-9849-90D13840AA37.jpeg
    A23DFAC8-3665-4751-9849-90D13840AA37.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 30
Yep no way are we employing Neto at left wing back.

Yeah that is a back four isn't it. Harsh on Kilman. Understand Marcal coming in

I liked Podence behind Raul in the second half Monday.

And a front four like that could be very dangerous (and makes it harder to double up on Adama too). Just see how well we cope atnthe back!!

Wonder if it might be a bit of a hybrid at the back with Marcal moving between a CB or LB. possibly that’s why we signed him.

Wasn’t expecting that.

Gotta be 4-2-3-1 with Neto/Podence fluidly switching positions in behind Raul and out left. Neto could drop in whenever we need him to with Marcal tucking inside to create a three at the back if we want. Generally Neto is the best at getting us up the pitch on the counter (sort of like Jota used to).

Encouraging from Nuno that he’s giving it a go. Doesn’t leave us with many alternative attacking options on the bench, though!

Traore against Tierney could be key, fair chance Jimenez could capitalise on any lapses in concentration from Luiz in the middle if can get a few crosses in.

Wonder if it might be a bit of a hybrid at the back with Marcal moving between a CB or LB. possibly that’s why we signed him.
Yeah I mean in possession, it allows Neto to hold the width so in a way it might look like a 343 in that way the graphic showed. But defensively it will be a back four I would imagine.

Traore against Tierney could be key, fair chance Jimenez could capitalise on any lapses in concentration from Luiz in the middle if can get a few crosses in.
Tierney was shite against him at Molineux last season. Rightly subbed and then Maitland-Niles generally dealt with Traore.

A really tough role to play when you're expected to play high and are then offered no support defensively.

Definitely, I just remember reading it in various places so thought it was worth adding to the discussion

4-2-3-1, bloody hell Nuno's certainly full of surprises of late!

Could still be 3-4-3

Traore RWB
Marcal LCB
Semedo LWB

Unlikely though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back