• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal (H) 10/02/2021 7.45pm Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to give you all some credit at least were getting the Dendoncker conversation out of the way before the game instead of flooding 75% of the post match talk with it :)

People keep underestimating this Wolves team, they are very well organized. I expect a tough low scoring game. Hopefully we can get a goal and it will be enough but I don’t have much confidence in our defense to keep them out.

2nd vs 3rd in form guide over 6 games.

Biggest game in Europe IMO.

With Partey/Xhaka back in the side I think we'll win this one by a couple of goals.

Wolves are a solid side but goals haven't come easy for them this season so I think our defence will have a comfortable enough time of it.

No way did the Wolverhampton Globetrotters lose at home to Norwich????

Should be a straightforward win here.

About five or six passes back. If you don't count his runs into the channel as part of the build up to the goal then there's fuck all I can do about that.
Indeed, his run into that channel/out wide is exactly what created the space for Semedo's run. It was a fundamental part of the goal, despite it's clear simplicity.

If there’s two clubs I love beating more than any other in the PL it’s Arsenal & Spurs because of their entitled fanbases. Closely followed by Man Utd & obviously Villa.

The bloke on the Arsenal forum who thinks they should brush us aside because we’re “mid table” fodder being the prime example.

Really, really hope we do them over tonight.

If there’s two clubs I love beating more than any other in the PL it’s Arsenal & Spurs because of their entitled fanbases. Closely followed by Man Utd & obviously Villa.

The bloke on the Arsenal forum who thinks they should brush us aside because we’re “mid table” fodder being the prime example.

Really, really hope we do them over tonight.
We beat them twice last season and they aren't any better now.

I agree he was involved in keeping possession 5 or 6 passes back but that is not what I would expect to be called "involved in both goals".
I feel that is ridiculous.

However, that's my opinion.

He didn't just keep possession, his forward run pulled their defenders back towards the goal line giving Moutinho/Semedo the space to play their one-two on the edge of the box.

No he wasn't involved in both goals.
He was barely involved with one goal as I've explained above, in my "odd post".

IMO his form is poor compared to the rest of the squad. We need better.

Do we NEED better? He’s fine as a squad player for me. Ideally do we need a better 3rd choice centre mid? I wouldn’t disagree as Moutinho won’t be able keep going indefinitely and we need someone to step into the starting team and take over the mantle.

Having a Belgian international as our third/fourth choice CM is fine by me.

We want to be building, rather than stripping the squad, and if we build correctly then the weaker players will be eased out.

Well, to give you all some credit at least were getting the Dendoncker conversation out of the way before the game instead of flooding 75% of the post match talk with it :)

Nah, just you wait until he scores a 94th minute winner off his backside!

Marcal and Donck. Eesh.

That injury to Moutinho better not be a bad one.

Marcal and Donk start in place of RAN (bench) and Moutinho not in the squad. Tricao starts as expected.

That's why Moutinho shouldn't have played on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back