• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (A) 30/3: Build-Up & Match Thread

Can definitely see him starting Doherty at LWB with RAN further forwards to start with.

I think we'll give them a competitive game but ultimately finishing will be the difference.

To many key injuries for us to get anything today, I think we’ll offer very little in a attacking sense.

I think the only way we get something from the game is if we make the most of what will probably be limited opportunities and they fluff their more numerous chances.

Completely different game if we start Cunha through the middle & give him 60 odd minutes.

Hard to feel too confident about getting anything today given how we defended against a much worse team in Coventry last time out.

Cunha for me depends on whether he's capable of starting Tuesday and Saturday. If he is then I'd save him for Burnley, if not then start him today and rest him midweek. I'm assuming 3 games in a week isn't happening

Cunha’s best moments have come when he’s been on the left, I feel.

I think Gary gives him a lot of freedom positionally, though, rightly or wrongly.

Not expecting anything from this...please let this be one of those games that pleasantly surprise us.

Looks like 90+ mins of defending judging from that team... grief...

Chiwome starts. Better than Doc at LWB at least. Will be a grind

So expect the same as Coventry only with better players having the freedom of our half to attack and exploit the massive chasm between defence and midfield.

Obviously very little options for GoN to pick from.

Tbf, Villa have a lot of injury issues too, but they do look stronger on paper than we do. It’ll be the standard, try to keep it tight, hit them on the break job.

I’ve never even heard of Fletcher Holman 😂

Big opportunity for Chiwome.

I just wish they’d stop the dick teasing with Cunha. It immediately deflates everyone to see he’s not even on the bench. Weak.

Back