• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (A) 4/1: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon its Raul ahead of his move to 'Barcelona'

Villa have injuries too.

Captain John McGinn is a major doubt with a hamstring injury while Douglas Luiz, another of their best performers in north London, is also being assessed after being forced off late on.

The situation is complicated further by uncertainty over the status Leander Dendoncker, who was not involved at Tottenham and would, if fit, be among the first in line to deputise for either player.

In more positive news, Jacob Ramsey is close to making a return following a hamstring injury, though the 21-year-old would only be ready for a place on the bench should he be passed fit to feature on Wednesday.
The midfield shortage could mean a rare chance for either Marvelous Nakamba or Morgan Sanson, though both are well down the pecking order and have been linked with January moves.

Instead, Calum Chambers is a more likely option to replace Luiz.

Please, please start Notso Nakamba

Looks like he'd be ok up front!

Nothing that concrete for me, my mate text me telling me to expect us to play a game or two by the end of the week.
If he could text the team this info that would be great. Failed to turn up for loads of games last year

Am I the only one who thinks both Moutinho and Neves on the pitch at the same time is redundant? You have the same player, average speed, good passers, but defensive 1st. When you throw Hodge out there too, you have no attacking midfielders who get in the box. I'd save that lineup for when we have the lead and want to control the ball. Rather get B Traore to start, then add Nunes, and Neves.

Villa have injuries too.

Please, please start Notso Nakamba
People don't talk enough about how our 3-2 comeback against Villa was predicated almost entirely on Nakamba getting subbed on for Douglas Luiz.

If we lose Neves for a couple of games then at least Nunes can start regularly for a bit.

Well without knowing who the mystery player is, I'd go with the following:

---------------------Sa--------------------

Semedo------Collins-----Kilman----Bueno

-----------Bouba-----Neves-----Nunes--------

-----------Hwang-----Cunha----Ait-Nouri--------

People don't talk enough about how our 3-2 comeback against Villa was predicated almost entirely on Nakamba getting subbed on for Douglas Luiz.

Yep, their midfield completely dissolved with his introduction.

Same with the 2-1 massacre at Molineux in 2019. We completely overrun the midfield because Notso was chasing shadows.

Am I the only one who thinks both Moutinho and Neves on the pitch at the same time is redundant? You have the same player, average speed, good passers, but defensive 1st. When you throw Hodge out there too, you have no attacking midfielders who get in the box. I'd save that lineup for when we have the lead and want to control the ball. Rather get B Traore to start, then add Nunes, and Neves.
Hodge shouldn't be starting ahead of Nunes or B Traore anyway

Thought Podence played really well against Man U

Thought Podence played really well against Man U
I have no doubt he'll start. Just far too many fancy flicks/attempts to bulk up his YouTube show-reel rather than actually being effective, IMO.

There was a point in the first half where he killed a long ball dead with a beautiful touch on the top of his foot, then played a no look pass with the outside of his boot, meant for Bueno straight out of play. Neatly summed him up.

I agree with you to a certain extent, but I don't think he's a show-pony, he's just unpredictable. Unfortunately he's inconsistent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back