• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (H) 12/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me Grealish is an amazingly good footballer and should really play for a better team, too bad he plays for Villa :(
Looks good for a poor team, it's probably his off field stuff and being a dick that puts the bigger teams off, man Utd were sniffing around end of last season, villa gave him a new contract to bump his price up, and since then no ones been interested, think he'll end up being a one club player,because he's a dick

Looks good for a poor team, it's probably his off field stuff and being a dick that puts the bigger teams off, man Utd were sniffing around end of last season, villa gave him a new contract to bump his price up, and since then no ones been interested, think he'll end up being a one club player,because he's a dick
Dont agree, think he will move on..anyway he is just 25..time will tell who is right

Last time we played them:
Nyland
Konsa - Hause - Mings - Targett
Nakamba - Luiz - Hourihane
Grealish
Samatta - Davis
Their lineup vs. West Ham:
Martinez
Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett
Hourihane - Luiz - McGinn
Trezeguet - Watkins - Grealish
They've improved at RB, CF, and GK. But not so much so that we should be significantly more troubled by them, IMO.
Think a big miss of Raul will be off set pieces against, he made countless first post clearances. Silva nor anybody else up front offers close to that defensive physicality. Traore has incredible spring but would need Coady to hold his hand and position him.

Against Villa you've got a good set piece taker in Hourihane so I'm interested to see how we set up for corners.

I wonder if Targett will make it 3 games in a row where he cries off at the thought of Adama running at him.
Adama will surely have the upper hand right at the start..would play the ball to him a lot..but surely they will double/tripple up..so he can cross to Neto then ;)

Targett is another with the heart of a pea. he's really poor. Get at him in the 1st half, and he'll find his hamstring is tight or something and find a reason to go off.

A lot depends on which Villa rocks up, I think Raul being out is a real leveller against some teams in this league and tomorrow being a prime example.

They are missing their second best player who I’d say turns them from relegation fodder to stable mid table.

We’re missing our best player and will be for a while, but we need to be more than a one man team.

not got BT sport. Can you buy a single match with them ?

You can buy a month @£25 without contract, but not a game

You can buy a monthly pass through Now TV. Not just as a one off game though.

We are already a much better side than when we last played them.

Not a high bar, but still.

Absolutely no idea what'll happen today. Could be 3-0 or could be 0-3. As always for me it's about pace and intensity more than team selection. Big two games coming up - two wins and we're flying. Two defeats and we're solidly in the bottom half.
Wonder if we'll ever get a penalty? Man United get one a game so we must surely get one a season? With Neves possibly not starting today, who'd take it? My money would be on Neto

Last time we played them:
Nyland
Konsa - Hause - Mings - Targett
Nakamba - Luiz - Hourihane
Grealish
Samatta - Davis
Their lineup vs. West Ham:
Martinez
Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett
Hourihane - Luiz - McGinn
Trezeguet - Watkins - Grealish
They've improved at RB, CF, and GK. But not so much so that we should be significantly more troubled by them, IMO.
You'd fancy us to get at them down the wings. Silva needs to play as it allows us to play more of our natural game. His movement will cause them problems too. Villa midfield looks weak also.

Semedo Coady Boly Marcal
Donck Moutinho
Traore Podence Neto
Silva

Wolves drifting like a barge on Betfair. Hope there's not some last minute injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back