• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa

Yes I guess Dr Tony, Wyness and Bruce were the main opponents and they're now gone. Their fans too who will change their tune if it pays dividends

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1047588411991896064

Looks like his fate was sealed before last night. Funds into the club to get rid of him and his ridiculous large PFM coaching staff.

Kieran is a good guy btw, worth a follow.

Could all be linked, however they will still be haemorrhaging cash every month for the day to day running of the club.

Was Kieran Maguire the guy they had on WM a couple of weeks back discussing Birmingham's problems with FFP and the possible points deduction? It was a good piece but I ended up getting annoyed at the presenter as he didn't stray off the Blues subject and I wanted to know the experts take on what was going on or will happen with regards to FFP at Villa.

Media experts take on the FFP will be along the lines of " they've got new owners who've put cash into villa,so it's gone away" when it really hasn't,no doubt Bruce will pop up in the media in the next few weeks and we'll have his insight on what went wrong

As has been said the 3 biggest people holding Villa back have gone or been pushed to the side.
Just a case of whether the owners do their homework on the next manager or look for a Hollywood appointment.
Whoever comes in will be left with an unbalanced mess.

The problem hasn't changed.

Unless they sell Grealish, their FFP issue comes to a head in March, and they clearly face embargo or deduction.
They have also made it £2.7m worse by paying off Bruce and his band of merry men.
They almost have to go for an out of work manager or the compensation to another club sits against the FFP calculation.
They are still losing money on a weekly basis as it stands
They are paying Yannick Bolasie £70k a week in the Championship, and one would imagine that the new Grealish contract has also substantially increased his weekly wage.
They have an excellent forward line but a defence that is utterly unfit for purpose, and then propped up by a selection of clowns in goal.

Probability says that although they are sitting close to the playoffs, the number of teams between them and that goal makes closing the gap exponentially more difficult as you are relying on 10 teams being worse results-wise over a sustained period. If 3 or 4 match them then that is playoffs made extremely unlikely, even before any possible point deductions.

They have mega-rich owners (not as rich as Fosun by a long chalk, no matter what the B6 massive think) who are totally hamstrung from big spending by FFP. I hope they stay down for a good long time. Next season already looks like it will be a lot worse.

Try selling that little combination to a Hollywood appointment.

45 million buyout clause for grealish apparently,on his current form,he's maybe worth a tenth of that,he's not their saviour in any form,whether they keep or sell him

45 million buyout clause for grealish apparently,on his current form,he's maybe worth a tenth of that,he's not their saviour in any form,whether they keep or sell him

Would expect Grealish to start being a threat again as long as the new manager doesn't put him out wide

I saw/heard Hypia would be getting the job and Bruce would be sacked a couple of days prior to it happening. Dunno where though?
Might stick a fiver on Hypia, dunno why though!

Moyes is strong favourite everywhere now. However as we know, it doesn't take a lot of money to move these markets.

Think Mick would be good for them, don't think they will go for it though.

Be surprised if they went for Moyes. Thick end of two decades since he was last in the Championship and footballing philosophy is too close to that of Bruce.

It would be majestic but unlikely. Hopefully Vis can do what he did to the Geordies all those years ago and get Hoddle up into the favourites.

Terry Henry odds on now. If I were him I'd tell them to shove it after they led him on in the Summer

Did enjoy this on Twitter

Jiggy CHeese AVFC @JiggycheeseDog
@reluctantnicko Hi Alan do you think wes and co will be having a word in mendes ear to get us nuno ?

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko
That won't be happening

Jiggy CHeese AVFC @JiggycheeseDog
Replying to @reluctantnicko
How come I thought mendes is in with us now and we are a much larger club than wolves

Getting a bit overly Jiggy there Mr CHeese...

Just been onto villa talk,they seem to be gutted Henry has turned them down,they seem to be wanting a Dean Smith/John Terry dream team,but won't be happy at all if the 3rd best manager in the world turns up at villa park as he's crap!

Rui Faria and John Terry hotly tipped to be the new dream team

Portuguese coach,who's a Mendes client with no championship experience,wonder where they got that idea from?

Back