• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa

This is possibly the most important appointment in villas history.
Sacking Bruce adds to the FFP bill, plus a compo payment if they're after somebody already employed.
If they don't go up this season then I think at least 2-3 seasons of stagnation await before they can even think about building again

Some goons on VT seriously think they can get Brendan Rodgers. Jesus. The level of delusion never ceases to amuse.
Didn't believe that, but just been on there and they are genuinely serious about Rodgers. [emoji2957]

What's that about judging a man by the company he keeps?

richardkeys_bruce_tweet_349655.jpg

Pissed off about that, I really wanted them to keep him on.

Nah, I think Mick was the man if they'd had to limp on under Phony Tony. Build a squad without spending anything, get rid of the crap, make them competitive when they've got no right to be. They aren't in that market now. God knows what Bolasie and Abraham alone are costing them a week.

The fact is though that they should be. I have absolutely nothing against Villa, but they deserve to stay down with their flagrant ignoring of FFP. Trying to explain to them why it really doesn't matter how much money the new owners claim to have is just a hiding to nothing.

Alan Nixon trying to argue that it was all the fault of the players he inherited, rather than the shite load of money his mate spanked on a barrel load of crap

1fc42143e15fac161125114f7d08cbb3.jpg

From last night, all of Bunn, Hutton, Chester, Grealish and Kodjia were there before Bruce. So he's still picking half a team of the "load of shite", plus Jedinak who would have played if he were fit.

Meanwhile: Nyland, Taylor, Whelan, Lansbury, Hogan, Bree, El Ghazi, Moreira and Bolasie, all Bruce signings, were either on the bench or not in the squad at all.

I'd tweet him that, but his account is protected and I'm not following him, the guy is a wanker.

Early odds:

Dean Smith 2/1
Thierry Henry 4/1
John Terry 4/1
Sam Allardyce 8/1
Carlos Carvalhal 12/1
Mick McCarthy 12/1
Sami Hyypia 14/1
Alan Pardew 16/1
Claudio Ranieri 18/1
David Moyes 20/1
Nigel Pearson 20/1
Quique Sanchez Flores 20/1
Abel Ferreira 25/1
Derek McInnes 25/1
Martin O'Neill 25/1
Olof Mellberg 25/1
Frank de Boer 33/1

Pardew jumps out of that list for me!

Only heard a few minutes of the phone in tonight but the names mentioned were Eddie Howe, David Wagner, Rafa (!), Roberto Martinez and Brendan Rodgers!

The guy I heard said seriously that if Howe is ambitious, they may be able to tempt him :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Richard Sneekes replied that Bournemouth are 7th in the Prem, Howe won't be coming to Villa!

He signed 6 of that starting 11, gave Hutton a contract when the club didn't want to and played him out of position, played Bunn ahead of the two keepers he signed in the Summer, played Grealish he says is worth £40m (out of position) and Kodja scored. The sooner the old boys network fuck off from managing and journalism the better, it's sycophantic shite

He's worth it for comedy value. He's now getting in to Nuno - he had good players and Bruce didn't apparently :)

That'll be Nuno who inherited a squad with Andy Lonergan and Harry Burgoyne as the only available senior goalkeepers, where Dave Edwards had played nearly every game of the previous season, where we'd had a strikeforce of Dicko, Bodvarsson, Mason, Weimann and Gladon manage 11 league goals between them, where our best player by an absolute mile in Costa was injured and wouldn't be back for months? What a dream ticket! No wonder he succeeded. Good job he was allowed to blow a load of money on John Ruddy, Ryan Bennett and Barry Douglas really.

Give the job to David Moyes to complete his total fall from grace

A Villa fan on Quirks forum, a renowned fantasist and cunt is suggesting Fonseca from Shakhtkar Donetsk and Mendes will facilitate it :icon_lol:

John Percy from Telegraph on the radio saying the same. He usually pretty reliable ..

Brazil and Saunders are, predictably, indignant this morning that Villa have had the audacity to sack Bruce. He was a 'goal' away from taking them up last season, if that penalty went in on Tuesday they'd be 5th. Deano banging on about giving him the rest of the season and if he doesn't get them up then make the change - still failing to grasp Villa's FFP predicament.

Why is Mendes suddenly charged with sorting out their new manager, all very hypocritical after all their bleating and insinuations about Wolves and Mendes last season.

Why is Mendes suddenly charged with sorting out their new manager, all very hypocritical after all their bleating and insinuations about Wolves and Mendes last season.

The new owners set up that link and Brucey hated it.
I'm guessing if Dr T was still the owner and approached Mendes he would have been sent packing, like Leeds were.

Once Villa sort out the FFP shizzle they have serious money behind them and Uncle Jorge will want some of that.

Back