• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Barnet (H) League Cup build up and matchday thread 25/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with those who say settling the defence is key - wouldn't be surprised to see the same one as we had against Cardiff. But there's no way Hause can play as a wing-back, so it won't be the rhombus. Can't be, surely.

Let's go back to basics - get the first XI playing the 4-4-1-1 that worked so well last season, and make it clear to the youngsters that they're auditioning for the chance to start in the same position against Charlton on the weekend.

Ikeme

Iorfa - EEL - Stearman - Hause
RVLP - Price - Saville - Graham
Wallace
ALF​

Saville in particular needs to show what he offers. Also have to say that if we hadn't sent him out on loan I'd argue we should be playing Evans in place of McDonald on Saturday.

Flatt, I honestly wouldn't be mad at. He actually has some potential.
McCarey is kind of a tool.

Looking at the available seats the crowd might as well sit with KJ on the bench!

Going to be a very empty stadium tomorrow

I'd go if I weren't so scarred from multiple League Cup disasters that genuinely made me question what I was doing with my life.

I think the poor start, the tinkering and the lack of transfer activities have left a lot of fans a bit meh.

Barnet (H) League Cup build up 25/8

Transfers is a bit of a moot point for me. We have signed a left winger, a central midfielder and a striker. Fans always want another two players in perpetuity.

I wouldn't go tomorrow if we'd signed Benzema and Özil (the latter wouldn't play ahead of Edwards anyway).

I think the poor start, the tinkering and the lack of transfer activities have left a lot of fans a bit meh.

These games hardly attract a good crowd when things are going ok, so a naff start was always going to reduce it

Transfers is a bit of a moot point for me. We have signed a left winger, a central midfielder and a striker. Fans always want another two players in perpetuity.

I wouldn't go tomorrow if we'd signed Benzema and Özil (the latter wouldn't play ahead of Edwards anyway).

Sorry mate, Benzema has been on Twitter and said he's not going anywhere contrary to reports, Ozil spotted in Asda though.

I think it was Barnet at home the last time I went to a league cup game, Bully got a hatrick and Keane got a couple IIRC. Even though they're minnows a big win would be good for morale tomorrow.

Martinez

Doherty Stearman Hause Golbourne

Price

Coady ------- Saville

Wallace

Dicko ALF

kj has said Doherty will get a game - and given saville and Wallace played 90 minutes the other day, I think they'll do it again here. Bright, Ronan and graham to come on as subs.

I'm getting nightmares about Doherty doing ok against a terrible, terrible League Two team and worming his way into the real team, with inevitable dreadful results.

I think if we play Doherty on the right side of midfield like against Newport I shall probably walk out.

At right back I have no problem with him playing but after 70 minutes of it against Newport I don’t think I could take any more of his Halford style clogging.

He will start right back, good chance to rest Iorfa and for Doherty impress as Jackett says he had a very good pre-season.

Didn't KJ say he was looking to start Bright in this game a while back?

Personally I think I want to send almost the same team, but Dicko for Edwards and Golbourne for EEl or Hause and tell them to pull their shit together.
But we've got players coming back from injury who also need game time so Wallace for Ojo and Saville for McDonald.

There's quite a few difficult decisions to make.

Didn't KJ say he was looking to start Bright in this game a while back?

Personally I think I want to send almost the same team, but Dicko for Edwards and Golbourne for EEl or Hause and tell them to pull their shit together.
But we've got players coming back from injury who also need game time so Wallace for Ojo and Saville for McDonald.

There's quite a few difficult decisions to make.

Sounds like he wants those not playing to go out and perform and force their way in the 1st team. With Saturdays performance, those outside the 11 have a great chance of getting in...they just need to forget they are playing in a Cup game where they are generally obliged to play shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back