• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Baseball thread

Cubs won their first game of the series yesterday.....but the Dodgers responded with an 11-1 victory in the 5th game to win.

Nailed the Yankees in games 6 & 7. Made it look easy in the end

Verlander the difference. Can't see past the Dodgers now.

Dodgers take the 1st game in the World Series

But last two games are both at home, the series is on serve so to speak - each side with a mini break

Lost the 5th game last night 13-12 and are now 3-2 down in the Series

They are 57-24 at home this season and only lost 2 post season games at home. I still think they'll win.

Dodgers wons the 6th game but the Astros won the decider 5-1 and win the World Series for the 1st time

What the fuck do I know. Great highlights, poor old Yu Darvish melted down in the first 2 innings.

What, if any, TV channels show MLB in the UK?

What, if any, TV channels show MLB in the UK?

BT show the baseball (used to be ESPN). And Yahoo USA have great highlights as do the MLB channel itself.

BT also show College American Football for those that are inclined to watch.

2 Yankees v Red Sox games will be played at the Londo Stadium next year. 29th & 30th June.

Official announcement being made on Tuesday.

So another short MLB season coming to a close.

Been keeping a close eye on the Yankees and they had a decent season but the Red Sox have been simply outstanding. Stupid amount of games won (108) and last night they sent the Yankees packing (3-1...the 3rd game was a tad one sided with the Sox winning 16-1).

So the League Title games are
Brewers v Dodgers
Red Sox v Astros

Red Sox should be winning the World Series

Should do. I was expecting Sox v Cubs but we contrived to lose the last two regular season games and then a divisional tie-breaker to drop into a wild card that we lost in 13 innings.

World series will now be Sox v Brewers.

Close...it was Sox v Dodgers and the Sox wrapped up last night to take the World Series 4-1.

The Dodgers were 4-0 up in the 4th game which would've taken it to 2-2 but inexplicably the manager took out his pitcher who was on a shutout and bought in a reliever who had let every runner he inherited on base score. They lost.

Saunders-esque managing.

The Dodgers were 4-0 up in the 4th game which would've taken it to 2-2 but inexplicably the manager took out his pitcher who was on a shutout and bought in a reliever who had let every runner he inherited on base score. They lost.

Saunders-esque managing.
Donald Trump was most annoyed about that for some reason.

Yankees v Red Sox at the London Stadium presale opened today

18514s.gif

The pricing on the 2 games is shit!

At the Yankee Stadium i sat in a similar area to 208 on that breakdown and paid $15 a ticket. I was thinking of going but not paying £100+ to get a semi decent seat. The cheap seats will be next to pointless as the view will be dreadful

That is a disgrace of a price. For the cost of premium ticket you could fly to the states and pick up one of those $15 tickets you refer to.

Back