• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

BBC Scandal

The Fucking Sun.
When my lovely Dad died (in Ireland) his ashes were sent to the crematorium in Hale Barns, people came from far and wide for his funeral.
My Dad's ashes didn't arrive in time. (A bit of dark humour which my Dad would have kind of enjoyed)
The Sun found out and thought it was a great story and printed it on the front page with a stock photo of an urn opposite a photo of a young girl with HUGE tits. Her breasts coming across the page above the urn with a headline LOST IN THE POST!
They phoned me at 0115 that morning to ask permission to print the story.
I said 'No you fucking can't! It's very upsetting!'
"Well, we're gonna print it anyway. Oh and The Star are running with it too...."
Tasteless cunts all of them.
You'll have to excuse me being a bit lost here.

Why would your dad's ashes be delivered to a crematorium? Surely it would be his body?

How did the Sun get your phone number?

Why 'Lost in the Post?'

Did the Star print it too?

The Fucking Sun.
When my lovely Dad died (in Ireland) his ashes were sent to the crematorium in Hale Barns, people came from far and wide for his funeral.
My Dad's ashes didn't arrive in time. (A bit of dark humour which my Dad would have kind of enjoyed)
The Sun found out and thought it was a great story and printed it on the front page with a stock photo of an urn opposite a photo of a young girl with HUGE tits. Her breasts coming across the page above the urn with a headline LOST IN THE POST!
They phoned me at 0115 that morning to ask permission to print the story.
I said 'No you fucking can't! It's very upsetting!'
"Well, we're gonna print it anyway. Oh and The Star are running with it too...."
Tasteless cunts all of them.
Surely you kept a copy?

This is all true unfortunately and we did have a copy somewhere as I remember WH writing to them threatening legal action at one point.

The National Examiner?
Enquirer!

But... I think people here have always mostly known that it's full of crap. I'm not sure we have one that exists in quite the same realm as The Sun. Maybe if Fox News had a paper?

Has he been a bit of prick yes absolutely but the public flogging is just way over the top and basically destroying his and his family’s life.
He’s committed no crime at all so it’s a personal matter. His actions are unethical but it doesn’t warrant his life being destroyed. I’m of the attitude that public figures are entitled to errors like the rest of us and not be punched in the guts numerous times over it.

Must admit I didn't know it was Huw Edwards till an hour ago, tbf Im not on Twitter, the only SM I use are football forums, motorcycle forums and FB , none of my fb friends would have anything to do with this shit so I had to wait for the official announcement.
I'm afraid it just confirms my views of printed media I've had for 30+ years, scum bags the lot of them. Hopefully the Sun will have the shit sued out-of them.
Not keen on the disrespect shown on here to other posters either.

Problem is society loves nailing people to the wall for either minor offences or something they said 10 years ago and the punishment should always be life destroying levels.

Problem is society loves nailing people to the wall for either minor offences or something they said 10 years ago and the punishment should always be life destroying levels.
I think it’s Norway (possibly other Scandi countries as well) that never publicize the names of perpetrators, even after conviction. Theoretically makes a difference with recidivism rates but it’s been too long since I was knee deep in sociological literature.

Of course, that would not play well with the sensationalism that sells headlines.

I don't see how it's anyone's business but his and his family's.

- No-one involved was underage
- Nothing illegal has taken place
- It seems to have no bearing on his work

And now a man is completely broken because shite papers want a story. So who wins, exactly.

Absolutely loathe the sun. How is this anyone's fucking business, it private stuff that should remain private, as the police have established between two consenting adults. Now the guy is done, his life and career in tatters. Scum

Sounds like there’s some real shit bags involved in this and Huw Edwards whilst not innocent isn’t one of them yet he’ll be the one destroyed.
The sun is the biggest stain on British journalism, take your pick of horrible stories they’ve run in the past. Hillsborough is a good starting point and slur they put on Liverpool fans in an era before social media.

Sounds like there’s some real shit bags involved in this and Huw Edwards whilst not innocent isn’t one of them yet he’ll be the one destroyed.
The sun is the biggest stain on British journalism, take your pick of horrible stories they’ve run in the past. Hillsborough is a good starting point and slur they put on Liverpool fans in an era before social media.
I'd almost like Leveson 2 should've happened.

A real witch-hunt and in the absence of any evidence of criminal wrongdoing have to feel sorry for the bloke and what its done to him. The near blanket coverage has been way OTT but hey, its taken the heat off a certain someone not handing over his WhatsApp messages as ordered by the courts. Now that's criminal

Regarding The Sun, the BBC, politicians etc it reminds me of the line from the Godfather;
'Senator, we are all part of the same hypocrisy'.

You'll have to excuse me being a bit lost here.

Why would your dad's ashes be delivered to a crematorium? Surely it would be his body?
He died in Dublin and was cremated in Glasnevin Cemetery. They provided a service whereby they would 'post' the ashes in a secure container to the destination where that cemetery would fill the urn that we had bought and then the service takes place
How did the Sun get your phone number?
My son, (The Drummer) went to a little junior school in the village and his teacher was friends with the woman who lived in a bit of a big posh house next to the school and her name was Mrs McKenzie. Her husband was that cunt Kelvin. (Chief Editor of The Sun)
Why 'Lost in the Post?'
Because whilst Glasnevin Crem did their job the ashes took over a week to get to Altrincham sorting office instead of the following day (Signed Service Express Priority) Don't know why.
Did the Star print it too?
Yes they did.

The Scum has no plans to publish any further allegations and will now co-operate with the BBC investigation = Well done, we've destroyed another innocent person... NEXT

Cunts

He died in Dublin and was cremated in Glasnevin Cemetery. They provided a service whereby they would 'post' the ashes in a secure container to the destination where that cemetery would fill the urn that we had bought and then the service takes place

My son, (The Drummer) went to a little junior school in the village and his teacher was friends with the woman who lived in a bit of a big posh house next to the school and her name was Mrs McKenzie. Her husband was that cunt Kelvin. (Chief Editor of The Sun)

Because whilst Glasnevin Crem did their job the ashes took over a week to get to Altrincham sorting office instead of the following day (Signed Service Express Priority) Don't know why.

Yes they did.
Was in The Herald too, this was the article
Screenshot_20230712-210421_Chrome.jpg

Back