• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bellend commentators

He blocked me on Twitter after I called him a "dangerous fantasist" when he claimed he brokered the move of Ray Clemence from Liverpool to Spurs.

I don't know why that was the final straw, I'd called him way worse previously.

I think Dion thought he was doing a talking book instead of commentating on a game we can see !

In America they call that role the colo(u)r commentator meaning you add colour to the game, tell the audience what they may have missed or give an insight from a players perspective which may inform the viewer. That's the first time I've known the co commentator speak more than the main one, just chatting shit.

It was like he feared 'dead air', like he was compelled to fill the gaps !

Kept mixing up Jota and Podence too.

Felt like Dion was pitching for a full time with Sky or BT. Made a total mess of it nothing interesting, no real insights from a former pro etc, just non-stop drivel

We did all learn about the Singing Ringing Tree though !

Jacqui Oatley does my head in. Tredman called her a Blue Peter presenter the other day which is spot on. Today she's compared sacking Pearson with sacking Mick, which is just a ridiculous comparison. I'm very grateful for the work Mick did at Wolves, but his time had gone and he should have been sacked six months earlier. Appointing Connor is a failure of Morgan and Moxey, it's independent of sacking Mick

Yeah, that’s just the narrative around Mick’s sacking that has been allowed to stick in the media. Utter nonsense

Jacqui Oatley does my head in. Tredman called her a Blue Peter presenter the other day which is spot on. Today she's compared sacking Pearson with sacking Mick, which is just a ridiculous comparison. I'm very grateful for the work Mick did at Wolves, but his time had gone and he should have been sacked six months earlier. Appointing Connor is a failure of Morgan and Moxey, it's independent of sacking Mick

Notice Charles Ross backed her up to, the MM sacking was probably the most justified you'll ever find. We were pretty shocking from the autumn onwards the performance at Everton in the late November should've been the last straw. We'd won 1/15 and that was to QPR who were down to 10 men. As has been said it was the incompetence of the next 3 appointments that sent us into a spiral.

That 1-5 was truly dreadful, don’t think I spoke for about 2 hours after leaving the ground.

Notice Charles Ross backed her up to, the MM sacking was probably the most justified you'll ever find. We were pretty shocking from the autumn onwards the performance at Everton in the late November should've been the last straw. We'd won 1/15 and that was to QPR who were down to 10 men. As has been said it was the incompetence of the next 3 appointments that sent us into a spiral.

Absolute pub defending
[video]https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/618737[/video]

That 1-5 was truly dreadful, don’t think I spoke for about 2 hours after leaving the ground.

Position was completely untenable after that, the relationship between MM and fans had soured massively to. He made the huge mistake of going to war with the fans during that Swansea game which was a shambles and how on earth we got a draw that day i'll never know. MM did a very good job for us from 2006-2010, the 09/10 season was means must and forgive the vile football we played.

Position was completely untenable after that, the relationship between MM and fans had soured massively to. He made the huge mistake of going to war with the fans during that Swansea game which was a shambles and how on earth we got a draw that day i'll never know. MM did a very good job for us from 2006-2010, the 09/10 season was means must and forgive the vile football we played.

No manager is ever going to survive a shit run like that and losing 5-1 to your local rivals at home. It’s just nonsense to suggest he was harshly treated. If Oatley truly is a wolves fan I’m amazed she thinks that.

No manager is ever going to survive a shit run like that and losing 5-1 to your local rivals at home. It’s just nonsense to suggest he was harshly treated. If Oatley truly is a wolves fan I’m amazed she thinks that.

Its the assumption we'd have stopped up with him in charge, as said we were shot to pieces. MM had reached his end with the squad he had and it was clear his style and tactics had lost its effect. Problem was he assembled a squad specific to his style that wasn't very flexible simply being we had limited amounts of quality.

Thought the commentary today was very odd. Constantly bigging up Chelsea's excellent performance when they weren't all that at all. Next to no goal threat and ultra-cynical. Yeah, they deserved to win, pressed us well in the right areas, made the most of our deficiencies on the day and managed the game fairly well, but there's no way you could say they bossed the game or totally outplayed us, when you'd think they'd rocked up with a complete masterclass from start to finish.

Remind me how much their team cost compared to ours again...

Frank is the new golden boy, won’t be long before they are bigging him up as the next England manager.

He's made a good start to his managerial career to be fair, his teams move the ball around well and he's already bought far more youngsters through at Chelsea than Christ knows how many of his predecessors.

Back