• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bellend commentators

Less is more when it comes to commentary. Let the football do the work. Older gents were raised on Moore and Davies. Most under 30s it was Motson so they think great commentary is an ego maniac thinking he needs to fill the air with inane shite.

Less is more when it comes to commentary. Let the football do the work. Older gents were raised on Moore and Davies. Most under 30s it was Motson so they think great commentary is an ego maniac thinking he needs to fill the air with inane shite.

I grew up with Moore on ITV and Barry Davies on the Beeb.
One thing they didn’t do was fill gaps with pointless stats or try and be humorous with one liners.
They gave relevant information on players on sides to in the days before the internet etc.

They're starting to irritate me a lot moaning about the lino's flag not going up immediately.

Some tripe on Talksport this morning for a change Andros Townsend “I fear Germany they were equal to France, France just got that goal” seriously?
John Collins “Czechs we’re the weakest team in the group” no John they really weren’t
Craig Brown “I really thought we’d go a lot further maybe even all the way” on what basis Craig?

Good one from Jenas tonight, when discussing Lloris lamping Danilo in the jaw he said "that would be a foul anywhere else on the pitch".

No shit mate, it'd be a red card and a decent ban too, he literally punched him in the face.

Also the ITV lads (Andros Townsend, John Collins and Earnshaw) on the highlights programme when discussing the Semedo and Lloris penalties, felt that Semedo's WAS a penalty, whilst Lloris's aforementioned punch, WASN'T a penalty.

🤬

To be fair to Jenas on that one he did clarify to say he meant the dangerous, possible of control aspect rather than players trying to punch things outside of the area.

Emma Hayes saying "Modric" as if it rhymes with "brick". She doesn't do it with any other Croatian player, he's the most famous one and he was playing in England as long ago as 2008 so it's not like he's unfamiliar. Downright odd.

Her voice grates on me, like a female Stuart Pearce and I have already had 3 hours of him today standing in for Simon Jordan

David Pleat used to be very good in terms of analysis. He also used to completely butcher names, all the time. He was a figure of fun as a result.

Hayes is no different.

And yes, if you're broadcasting then you should make an effort to speak properly.

Also less is more, she's talking far too much. She's not alone in that but you don't have to fill every single second of dead air.

Back