• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Best Films Ever

Just about to start watching Bad Santa - only discovered it a few years ago. One of my top 5 of all time I'd say, hilarious.

Top 10 in no particular order
--------------------------------

Star Trek - The Search For Spock
Donnie Darko
War of the Worlds (Tom Cruise)
Alien
Predator
Trains, Planes and Automobiles
Gran Torino
Young Guns
The Butterfly Effect
Back to the Future

I remember years ago when my wife dragged me kicking and screaming to see a film about a group of Yorkshire male strippers, so I need to add The Full Monty on here

After re watching On Her Majesty’s Secret Service tonight it’s going in my list. Archetypal Bond and bloody brilliant.
I will support you with any Bond Film until you mention Never say Never Again !! :)

Close Encounters.. brilliant at the pictures, average on the telly

Seen inception on a few lists don't think I've seen Interstellar on anyone's so I'll throw that in - brilliant film, saw it on an IMAX and it was an almost physical experience, Hans Zimmer score amazing.

I suppose the films I think are the best are the ones I can watch again and again. In which case they include
1. Saving Private Ryan
2.The Alamo 1960 version
3. The Shawshank Redemption
4.The Green Mile
5. A fistful of Dynamite
6. Kevin and Perry Go Large ( Seriously, it never gets old for me)
7. Little Nicky( Purile fun)
8. The incredible Journey (1963 EDITION)
9. Fantasia( For the music)
10. Zulu
11. Gladiator ( Musics great)
12 Some like it hot
13. Braveheart ( Yes even with Gibsons accent and Horners score is incredible)

Rather fitting that I leave it at 13.

I'm putting in for a few dollars more as my spaghetti westerns choice, Van Cleef makes it for me.

Good shout on Braveheart, those Scots give us hell for 90 minutes but we manage to pull it out the bag at the end and give 'em what for, makes you proud to be English

Did you ever watch the alternate ending on the DVD? I liked it better than the original one.
No, I didn't even know it was on there. Got rid of my DVDs years ago so I'll have to see if I can find it online somewhere.

No, I didn't even know it was on there. Got rid of my DVDs years ago so I'll have to see if I can find it online somewhere.
There was 2 or 3 alternate endings on the DVD I think, but this was the Directors Cut ending which I saw :

There was 2 or 3 alternate endings on the DVD I think, but this was the Directors Cut ending which I saw :

I'm going to have to watch it again before I watch that, it's been years since I've seen it. I've bookmarked the post and I'll probably watch it in the next couple of days (y)

Back