• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Best holiday destinations

Nearly booked Thailand for my honeymoon, we were looking at a nice resort on the top of Koh Phagnang. It looked amazing and I was really into it, but the missus found us a better deal by flying to Singapore and then on to Bali. 1 stop in Dubai.

The price worked out cheaper than flying direct to Thailand and the resort in Bali is cheaper than Thailand too so we are going to Bali. Have booked a garden cottage beside the beach with a private pool and veranda. Can't wait to go.

We're in the throes of planning a Thai trip at the moment for next year. My 50th and my daughter's 18th next year, plus end of A levels and GCSEs, so good excuses to push the boat out next summer.

Early days but the plan currently is to do a combination of surf school in Phuket (youngest wanted to go to Oz but we can't afford it), chilling in Koh Chang, culture/temples/rainforest/elephant-based stuff in the north. Not sure how we fit all this in but it'll be fun trying.

I have 2 things I have to do:

1. Visit Hellfire Pass memorial in Kanchanaburi - I've read so many memoirs of the POWs who had to work up there, I feel like I have to see it, as well as the museum that's also up there. Can go on a daytrip from Bangkok, walk over the bridge on the River Kwai etc.
2. Chillout in Krabi and go island hopping. Always wanted to do this.

Just the 2.5 years to wait then :icon_lol:

We went to Kanchanaburi on our last visit. It was fantastic, if a little sobering. Worth staying up there for a little while if you can. The floating huts on the river are a very cool (and cheap) accommodation.

Agree, you can do it in a day but don't - stay one night if you can, accommodation is cheap enough to do so!

Thanks everyone, I shall have a look through your suggestions!

Back from a weekend in Lisbon - and wow, it's just an amazing city. Albeit rather hilly - the whole place is like some kind of sadistic Escher painting. But the views, the streets, the trams, the food, the beer, the wine, the weather all absolutely brilliant.

I'm going to have to go back - as stag weekends go, it was fairly tame (well, except for the stag himself missing the plane home) and we did a lot of cultural stuff as well as sampling plenty of local produce.

Very highly recommended.

Agree on Lisbon. Lovely place.

Back from a weekend in Lisbon - and wow, it's just an amazing city. Albeit rather hilly - the whole place is like some kind of sadistic Escher painting. But the views, the streets, the trams, the food, the beer, the wine, the weather all absolutely brilliant.

I'm going to have to go back - as stag weekends go, it was fairly tame (well, except for the stag himself missing the plane home) and we did a lot of cultural stuff as well as sampling plenty of local produce.

Very highly recommended.

I bloody loved Lisbon.

Im annoyed I did such a god job of stabilising our office over there as I dont have a valid reason to go back atm, everything is fine there.

Good YouTube channel about Lisbon,it's basically a bloke cycling about and pointing out things of interest and just random happenings on his trips
One cyclist in Lisbon it's called if anybody is interested

Might take a look at that, cheers Keef.

Strangly I was thinking of a short break to Lisbon myself as my next holiday!

Only saw Lisbon briefly in the summer as part of a cruise but it did look like a beautiful city. We didn't get to see as much of it as I'd have liked as the kids weren't overly keen on too much walking around but we had some lovely Pasteis de nata. Sailing in right under the 25th of April bridge was very impressive, even the kids were excited!

Off to Braunton, Devon on Saturday.
Walking the dog on Saunton Sands and Woolacombe beach.
A few local beers.
Fish and Chips from Squires.

Weather looks to be holding fair - we can't wait.
We are as excited for this as we were for our cruise in the summer.
Sometimes you can't beat England for a good holiday.

Very highly recommended.
I don't suppose you got the chamce to visit Ducque brewpub?

Its always a good game to guess who out of Leeds or Machin is going to take any topic being discussed and ask a beer / brewery related question ? :) :) :)

Its always a good game to guess who out of Leeds or Machin is going to take any topic being discussed and ask a beer / brewery related question ? :) :) :)
I'm not very well travelled, so the safe bet is on Leeds for this thread...

Only 1 week to go until Im off to the Caribbean and I cannot wait. It's dragging its heels getting here.... and work is killing me. I've been doing 12 hr days this week as I literally am balancing so many things it's actually making me sick. I went all dizzy earlier and my eyes went weird. Had to leave the office and go for a walk as my brain felt like it was going to explode.

I really need a break.

Only 1 week to go until Im off to the Caribbean and I cannot wait. It's dragging its heels getting here.... and work is killing me. I've been doing 12 hr days this week as I literally am balancing so many things it's actually making me sick. I went all dizzy earlier and my eyes went weird. Had to leave the office and go for a walk as my brain felt like it was going to explode.

I really need a break.

You can take your shoes and socks off if you need to count to more than 10.

Back