• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Best holiday destinations

Edinburgh is like an Escher painting, it seems wherever you go, you are always walking uphill..

Yeah the underground town is worth a look , also the castle. If the weather's nice, the Camera obscure.
As said most of the pubs in the historical areas are good. Royal Mile, Princes St etc.

Also, if Wetherspoons is your bag The Caley Picture House is probably the nicest one I have been in

Reminded me we haven't been to Edinburgh for many years.
The Grassmarket was good for eateries when we last went.
If you have the time and inclination, a visit to Rosslyn Chapel is interesting, about 30 minutes out of town.

Early stages of looking at a trip to Bangkok next year as part of our 15th Wedding Anniversary. So any recommendations on areas to stay, visit etc.

Early stages of looking at a trip to Bangkok next year as part of our 15th Wedding Anniversary. So any recommendations on areas to stay, visit etc.
You're taking the missus??!

She insists on joining me on the trip

mtXmxtPWpo5u.gif

5 mins!! That one must be stored in a folder not used very often...

2 recommendations from me.
1.The day trip to the Bridge Over the River Kwai is quite moving.
2. Don't go when Kevin Muscat decides to completely derail your promotion. It put a real downer on the late evening

Last edited:
Thankfully won't be travelling back in time before we go

Had a cracking break in Prague last week, great history, great architecture and a beer culture to match anything over here.
i wonder if goldfingers is still going. the architecture in that place was remarkable.

i wonder if goldfingers is still going. the architecture in that place was remarkable.
If that’s a nightclub, I’m more of a traditional Czech restaurant with an accordion player nowadays.

Decided to treat the wife to a bit of winter (well late autumn) sun last week. Went to Madiera, really liked the place, a bit of a different vibe to other destinations we've been. Warm and sunny most of the week, chilled atmosphere, had some great, inexpensive food, especially fish, discovered Poncha! Think we'll go back at some stage.

Back