• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackburn v Wolves, Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
45 minutes to sort this out. Lose this and we could be in for a long, hard winter.

Ikeme will be off at half time, cannot afford for him to be playing on one leg. Batth won't finish the game one way or another personally I'd put Stearman on at half time, but doubt a Caretaker Manager will have the balls to make that call.

We concede soft goals, don't have a fit goalscorer and our final ball is consistently shite. Bod desperately needs a number 10 to play behind him.

Bod has certainly gone off the boil a bit in his hold up play and endeavour.
Bod could have gone off for the last 10 mins and no one would have noticed.

Reminds me of when my ex-wife went on a shopping spree - she'd come back with 4 tops, 4 skirts and 4 pairs of shoes, but none of them went together to make an outfit.

Some sensible chat from Holloway (shock horror) and Goodman at half time. Basically slating our defence.

Holloway banging on about Batth being young and inexperienced!

Holloway spouting shit, Batth is not some new kid just in the side. Just had a quick look and nearly 150 league games for us, he should not still be learning to get close to his man in the box and not leave him in acres of space.

Goodman describes out defence as fragile I think he's being very kind there.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

If only we could make more than three changes at HT.

Awful defending from Borth and Bart the Flowerpot Men for the goal.

Some sensible chat from Holloway (shock horror) and Goodman at half time. Basically slating our defence.
Apart from perpetuating the Danny Batth is a young man myth. He's nearly 27 and had over 200 first team appearances behind him.

That Costa advert was more entertaining than anything we've produced

I just don't see where a Wolves goal would come from even if we can stop them from scoring again. I'm sorry but this formation isn't working the wide forwards are hugging the touchline both sides of the pitch even when we deliver into the box there aren't enough bodies to attack the ball.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Thought they made some good points, though. Lack of communication across our back 4. Danny pointing at Doherty when the cross came in for the goal but he should have been stood on his toes himself etc.

bloody hell, i even have to agree with tosspot Holloway's half time analsis

I still don't agree with Stears being dumped out of the team because of the Burton game. He wasn't terrible against them and he's certainly better than $#@!ing Hause.

I think that's wrong. Hause has Batth as his central partner and Batth is having a 'mare, that would make anyone jittery let alone a 21yr old learning his trade.
I would take Batth off, if anyone.

Ikeme coming off so that's one sub wasted.

Lonergan coming on so we can only make two outfield subs now... joy.

Great, now we have to bring on a keeper who can't control his box to add to our shitehouse defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back