• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blues (H) Build-Up 13/3/16

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
We did a proper number on these tactically back in October. Play on their lack of quality on the ball so allow them possession in neutral areas, keep it compact so they can't play on the break, I expect us to set up in a similar way. We really aren't especially good at the moment but even so I can see us getting something, just because I don't think the opposition are particularly well equipped to exploit our various weaknesses.

I suspect we will see the team that started the second half last night in more or less a straight 4-4-2 which given the options available is ok I suppose. If we're in need of a spark then I'd like to see Hunte brought on relatively early, nothing to lose.

2015/16: W 2-0 (A)
2014/15: D 0-0 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2012/13: W 1-0 (H), W 3-2 (A)
2011/12: D 0-0 (A, FAC), L 0-1 (H, FAC)
2010/11: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2009/10: L 0-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2008/9: D 1-1 (H), L 0-2 (A), W 2-0 (A, FAC)
2006/7: L 2-3 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2003/4: D 1-1 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2001/2: W 2-1 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2000/1: L 0-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
1999/0: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1998/9: W 3-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
1997/8: L 1-3 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1996/7: L 1-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
1995/6: W 3-2 (H), L 0-2 (A), D 1-1 (A, FAC), W 2-1 (H, FAC)

This is what I think Ken will go with.

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Hause Doherty

Coady Saville

Hunte Mason Helan

Zyro​

Which I can't complain too much about. I'd maybe have Enobakhare in for Helan and move Zyro out wide.

Think Lycans team is probably the best we have currently

Completely forgot about James Henry. If he's fit Ken will put him straight back in ahead of Hunte.

Hunte won't start. But I do hope he is kept on the bench, we will learn more giving him game time than we would playing Henry. I would start Byrne, he has scored and assisted in our last two home games and he needs this run of games. People are writing him off too quickly for my liking, he need a stretch of ten or so games to find his way in this league. Especially when he is playing in a team that just lump the ball forward.

I think we might see Siggy on the right in place of Byrne/Hunte, actually. Supposedly the plan for the Bristol City game if he hadn't picked up a knock. Otherwise the team you posted is what I expect, Lycan.

Agree with the liklihood of Siggy on the right if he has recovered from the knock - not convinced with Byrne, even though he scored did all he could to avoid putting that in the net

Striker or not (and Kenny clearly isn't sure) Zyro is an upgrade as the front man

Only other change I would have from Lycan's team is in the 2 - Price + one of Coady/Saville

Hunte won't start. But I do hope he is kept on the bench, we will learn more giving him game time than we would playing Henry. I would start Byrne, he has scored and assisted in our last two home games and he needs this run of games. People are writing him off too quickly for my liking, he need a stretch of ten or so games to find his way in this league. Especially when he is playing in a team that just lump the ball forward.

Byrne was dreadful last night and Ken was clearly pissed off at him. He was constantly calling him over or shouting at him.

Kenny has shown in the past that he doesn't buy into the whole 'run of games' theory, he clearly doesn't rate Byrne and IMO will bench him as soon as he has a viable alternative, whether that's Hunte, Sigurdarson, Zyro or Henry. A stretch of ten games may well be beneficial for Nathan Byrne's development but he's not going to get it under Jackett's shocking man management, not when he's turning in performances as bad as last night, Boro & Huddersfield.

Birmingham City have sold out their allocation for Sunday's game, so there should be a decent crowd and a good atmosphere inside Molineux.

Two strikers would be nice.

Suspect there'll be the usual fuck up at the back so we'll need to score at least twice.

Hopefully he'll throw in a load of kids just for the hell of it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ............

Birmingham City have sold out their allocation for Sunday's game, so there should be a decent crowd and a good atmosphere inside Molineux.

I think you may be surprised. Another game moved for Sky. My seat will be empty for sure. Childcare issues on Sunday morning mean no way I can go. Got to take Micro to his match and it clashes.

The crowd will probably just break the 20k mark, as a Derby it fails to capture the imagination.

It's a free game for MyWolves members so that will bump the attendance up. Saying that when I booked my ticket on Tuesday there were quite a few seats available in the South Bank.

It's a free game for MyWolves members so that will bump the attendance up. Saying that when I booked my ticket on Tuesday there were quite a few seats available in the South Bank.
That's the only reason I'm going and even then I only booked on Thursday as I was going to use the fiver towards next year's membership

That's the only reason I'm going and even then I only booked on Thursday as I was going to use the fiver towards next year's membership

Hadn't realised that until after I booked for the Ipswich game, but in any event this one falls the wrong side of my income receipt to cover the travel & other costs

I would be careful re holding onto ticket cash as in past years I am sure any I had left got wiped off at the end of the season - might be wrong on that, but possibly worth checking that you can hold onto it for that

It runs out in June, so as long and you renew before then you can use it.

It runs out in June, so as long and you renew before then you can use it.

Thats good - my membership is on auto rollover so will have to check the date on it. Having said that they have allowed me to renew at the price I originally started at for the last couple of years which is below the current price for the membership so even if its after June then may be better to continue on that basis and make sure that I have used all I can on tickets before the season end

How far in advance do they announce the £5 matches?.
I go to nearly all home matches but use that bit of ticket
cash towards the next ticket so dont have £5 worth of ticket cash.
That means I never take advantage of any of the £5 matches.
Think I need to plan better.
Won't be going tomorrow cos I cant afford mine and kids tickets
after Mothers day malarkey.

It's months in advance - when I took out my membership before the MK game (because that was the first one) the Blues game was already inked in as the second £5 game. As it happens I can't make tomorrow, I'm saving up all my ticket cash to knock off the ticket for the final day of the season.

Back