• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bournemouth 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

A very good win after being 1-0 down at HT. Definitely the better team, particularly the 2nd half. We were far too wasteful in front of goal as per usual until the Neto GK suicide pass. Great little finish from Sasa and good movement to quickly get back into a scoring position.

The positive change from GON to 4-2-3-1 worked nicely so fair play to him for that. And good to see we've put the dodgy 2nd halves well behind us. Backs to the wall at the end but to be expected after scoring so late.

MOTM was easily Neto. Such a tricky player to deal with and at the centre of all our good play. Deserved a goal. Fair play to Cunha for the finish for his goal, but needs to stop the constant whining.

Good to see a nice display from Doyle too. He looks a very tidy player. Hopefully plenty more to come from him in a Wolves shirt.

Last edited:
It's really reassuring to see that Doyle is a viable option who can challenge for a place. Credit to O'Neil for the result - as EP rightfully said he was patient and made some shrewd substitutions.

Can't sniff at being 12th as it stands despite the tough start we had.

O'Neil got the subs spot on today. Doyle exactly what our midfield needed at half time, and whilst I think he could have gone to four at the back sooner, it was good he spotted the need for the change (we don't need Toti, Kilman and/or Dawson on the edge of the opponents' box for every attack - put a creative player there instead).

Not sure why we decided to stop playing after we got the second goal, but overall we dominated the second half. Good for both scorers to get their goals. Cunha and Neto were excellent today I thought.

A deserved win. They are AWFUL, they absolutely should go down. Terrible tactics and we were the better team throughout.

Positives:

- The spirit after going a goal down
- Bouba was superb
- Doyle with a tremendous sub appearance, looks an excellent player
- Another goal for Sasa

Negatives

- Kilman is so bad on the goal, he just has to do more in these situations
- Doherty is wank
- I thought we were too slow to move away from 3 CHs, sometimes we need them, other times we really don't

Big cushion back to the relegation zone now, unbeaten in 4, happy days.

Thought their goal came against the run of play and even before the sending off we were the better team 2nd half, fair play to O'Neil for the sub as Doyle was excellent and it gave us much better control of midfield.

It's still early but a 7 point gap is significant as the teams down the bottom don't look like they're capable of putting many points on the board.

Nice to see us go away from home and beat a team we should be beating. We needed to before the game and even more so once they went down to ten. Good to see Cunha on the scoresheet (great finish) and then Sasa winning the ball back and then getting in position to slot it home for the winner.

Fantastic, so happy, sat with my dad watching the game in Wolves, Banks's mild, 3 points. Thought we were the better team from minute 1.
Pleased for Cunha, and Sasha. Gary O'Neil is growing on me, he may become a good manager.

The entire team were really good, understand Gomez going off.

Don't have an issue with Hwang, I am sick of opponents throwing themselves down against us., we have to do it as well

O'Neil got the subs spot on today. Doyle exactly what our midfield needed at half time, and whilst I think he could have gone to four at the back sooner, it was good he spotted the need for the change (we don't need Toti, Kilman and/or Dawson on the edge of the opponents' box for every attack - put a creative player there instead).

Not sure why we decided to stop playing after we got the second goal, but overall we dominated the second half. Good for both scorers to get their goals. Cunha and Neto were excellent today I thought.
Yes felt GoN but the majority spot on today.

I made the comment about his making a change earlier. I meant in regards to going 4 atb, or bringing Sasa on abit earlier. All moot as it all worked out.

Good decision bringing on Doyle. Looked promising and nice to have 4 cm options.

3 good performances on the bounce now, been a while since I felt we earned this many points from 3 games. Felt the Sasa/Cunha swap could have been made 5-10mins earlier, I know Cunha had a good shot later in the game but Sasa would have been better for our 347 corners/crosses.

Looking increasingly solid and confident under GO'N now and actually improving at half time. Feeling optimistic.

Steady performance. Nobody outstanding with Neto our MOTM. Shame his shot hit the bar. Everyone ok. Semedo walks back in next week as does Lemina. 11 points is a very respectable haul given the fixtures we’ve had.

3 good performances on the bounce now, been a while since I felt we earned this many points from 3 games. Felt the Sasa/Cunha swap could have been made 5-10mins earlier, I know Cunha had a good shot later in the game but Sasa would have been better for our 347 corners/crosses.

Looking increasingly solid and confident under GO'N now and actually improving at half time. Feeling optimistic.

I think confidence is the key here, and I'm not sure a Wolves side has looked this confident since Nuno. Maybe flashes under JL but we do look like we believe we can score now whenever Hwang/Neto/Cunha attack.

Very impressed with Doyle, wanted the ball, looked to pass forward. I would be starting him ahead of Gomez on that showing. Cunha, goal aside was poor. Full backs also poor, though Ait Nouri improved second half, probably more to do with them going down to 10 men. Dawson and Neto stand-outs. Oh, and I can`t remember any craziness from Sa today.

Up the Cherries is a pleasant read this afternoon. Very windy in Toronto today, going to put me feet up and enjoy what a Wolves fans does best; laugh at Bournemouth

Back