• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bournemouth (A) 31/8: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can’t we play a pass into the centre rather than in the horseshoe from fullback to fullback? It’s reminiscent of Hoddle all. So predictable it’s painful.

"Matheus, come to wolves, it'll be a piece of piss as we'll never actually pass you the ball, we'll just yeet it over your head to fullbacks who have the attacking drive of Gary Breen"

Could we maybe play it through the middle?

Raul doesn't come short anymore, our wide forwards seem to be playing table football so they can only move side to side and not short or behind. When we have it only Nunes moves really.

No real coherence so far. So many passes failing to connect, wasting good openings. It's all a bit drab. Same as usual so far.

Neither FB or wide forward really offering anything in an attacking sense. No movement in the middle, everyone just waiting for someone to eventually cross it.

Need Podence on I think, and I don't say that lightly. Possibly for Moutinho.

Another 45 minutes with no goals.

We are absolutely shite.

I don’t know if it’s our shape.
I don’t know if it’s our fitness.
I don’t know if it’s the players.

But we are absolute shit.

Our plan to win this appears to be get the ball wide as much as possible then pass it endlessly back inside as we have no one in the box at any stage, when we do get it wide. Obviously hoping Bournemouth fall asleep along with everyone else watching.

We're basically Portugal in the mid nineties, lots of technically gifted players but the all cutting edge of a cotton bud.

Nice, neat and tidy then we hit the final 3rd. We look lazy at times we have control of the game.
This stinks of Huddersfield away in 2019 or Gillingham away in 2014.

So fucking easy to defend against. One of the easiest games of the season and we've barely created a thing. An absolute tactical abomination

Sasa won’t change anything when the ball isn’t even getting into the box

If we all know where the next pass is going opponents do too. We are as predictable as Lage saying we played well.

We don’t seem to have any plan other than to keep the ball and hope somebody scores eventually.

If I were Jeff I’d be on the phone begging Nuno to come back and give us some shape, tactics and passion.

That was fucking pathetic. As threatening as a 5 year old ballerina. Clueless, listless, useless. Jimenez was utter garbage. Guedes shit. Moutinho, I fucking forgot Moutinho was on the pitch after the first 10 minutes. Jonny was also shit. There is nothing about how we play that says we know what we're going to do to score a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back