• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bournemouth build up

lemonjelly

Housecoat, la
Reaction score
Same team starting we reckon?
I'd expect Golbourne to start this one personally.

I expect Golbourne to start and maybe Henry for RVP

Can go with Henry for VLP for this one - he has a bit more composure in tight situations.

Golbourne or Hause I am happy with either. Whilst Golbourne will provide greater go forward - we need to make sure we keep them out at the back first & Hause has done fine on that side so far. Whilst Bournemouth have not been firing on all cylinders for the last few games they clearly have a decent attack from the goals total they have achieved so far.

Nice to see Stearman say we owe them one. They have 3 points more than they should have after beating us after that ridiculous sending off of rvlp

I wouldn't be surprised if Nouha Dicko starts instead of Benik Afobe this time around.

I think he'll play Doherty, Dicko and Henry instead of Iorfa, Afobe and RVLP. KJ spoke about the need to freshen the team up after every game so I expect to see about 3 changes.

Didn't Rajiv come on as a sub on Saturday?

No he started and (sort of) set up the goal

Bournemouth defender saying that despite our strong attack they have to focus on their own game too, which suggests everyone is talking about our attack. Makes a nice change!

I expect

Kuszczak

Iorfa
Batth
Stearman
Golbourne

Price
MCDonald
Edwards

Van la Parra
dicko
Sako

I hope there will not be too many changes. But maybe one or two positions will need freshening up.

I hope Wolves don't go 4-4-2 because Bournemouth have the quality to rip through a lightweight midfield.

We played 442 against them at a time when they were in great form and we were playing badly, we got in their faces, were positive with our passing and for 50/55 minutes they didn't pose us many problems. So that might still be in Kenny's thinking

We played 442 against them at a time when they were in great form and we were playing badly, we got in their faces, were positive with our passing and for 50/55 minutes they didn't pose us many problems. So that might still be in Kenny's thinking

Thats why Kenny is paid the big bucks, I would be cautious and look to keep it very tight first half within a 4-2-3-1 hoping the anxiety they showed at the weekend once again surfaced.
Fascinating game I would be so happy with a point tonight.

This is my memory too. Gave them a game until the sending off. Still they score at home in all games bar 1 this season and tonight will be no different. We need to take the lead in this one if we are to win but we could be playing them at a good time as they are wobbling a little. We are on a good run and have a little lady luck with us too. Lets hope that stays this week. I will go for a 1-1 draw or us by the odd goal in 3

van la "i'm a bit shit" Parra was having his best game of the season and giving them no end of problems. Davey "shouldn't play in the middle of a 4-4-2" Edwards was having a great game sitting deep and protecting the back 4. Matt "why is he in the team" Doherty was doing a sterling job at left back. Then M Jones decided to fuck it up for us and Bournemouth were able to take advantage of the extra man (or 2 extra men as Jones may have well pulled on his Bournemouth top and joined in their attacks)

Agreed. We had them beat at Molineux. We have nothing to fear tonight. Go one ahead & Bournemouth could crumble.

I think Golbourne may come in as he's a better left back. Rest of the back 5 remains the same.
Bournemouth created nothing until we were a man light, so we can more than match them. No reason why we shouldn't be believing we can get a win tonight.

Back