• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boxing thread

Think Fury beats AJ but it’ll be close.

Thought AJ was in better condition than for any of his last fights, not as musclebound.

Fair play Pulev for sticking in there but was a massive mismatch. Landed nothing of note

It was very interesting, the new AJ is more cautious but clearly can knock people out with very fast hands when the chance arises.

AJ beats Fury for me I reckon, but a lot will depend on the condition of Fury.

Good to see local(ish) lad Sam Eggington getting back to winning ways over the weekend beating Ashley Theophane (who sadly has nothing left) on Friday night.

Hoping Sam can get the Cheesman rematch after their first robbery.

It was very interesting, the new AJ is more cautious but clearly can knock people out with very fast hands when the chance arises.

AJ beats Fury for me I reckon, but a lot will depend on the condition of Fury.
Fury for me. He's got the lot. There were questions about his chin and his power but the Wilder fights answered those.

Fury boxes AJ's face off, IMO.

I felt like AJ looked sluggish after the third (when he should have finished the fight). He looked tired to me, but I suppose it could have been that he was being more cautious and not letting his hands go. There was a conversation after that he wanted the time in the ring, so held off, but I don't agree with that. You're a fighter and if you see a chance of putting someone down, you do it.

Fury is just a better boxer and I don't see AJ getting close to him. I suppose he could land a 'lucky' punch, like any heavyweight, but Fury would be where my money goes 10 times out of 10.

I agree with Jinky's post, although I hope AJ wipes the floor with him

Didn’t see Panorama tonight about Daniel Kinahan still having a very influential role in boxing. Looking at Twitter seems some of the broadcasters and well known promoters haven’t come out of it well either.

Didn’t see Panorama tonight about Daniel Kinahan still having a very influential role in boxing. Looking at Twitter seems some of the broadcasters and well known promoters haven’t come out of it well either.
An excellent programme and well worth a watch. Probably on catch up?

An excellent programme and well worth a watch. Probably on catch up?
I will it’s not a great shock Kinahan is involved boxing heavily linked to Tyson Fury and Billy Joe Saunders.

Was a good programme but told me absolutely nothing new.
As McGuigan says dogs in the street have know over here since Regency shooting and numerous media articles about his involvement.
Ther has been no professional shows over here since 2016 due to MTK.

Warrington beaten against the odds. Deserved. Well boxed young man

I didn't expect that
Neither did the bookies. Warrington didn’t look right from the get go and the fight should probably have been stopped in the 4th round.

MTK have announced that they have set up a branch to act as football agents, no details of anyone signing up with them yet.

Back