• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I only watched the first 20 minutes then had to go out. So how did Toti and Silva do? Thought it would be a tough game for Toti and for the bit I watched, Silva seemed to be playing up front on his own, which isn't ideal for him.

Toti was fine (the chalked off red card was a joke, barely even a yellow), Fabio fed off scraps but didn't give us much of an outlet, we struggled to get Podence or a midfielder near him too. Worked hard enough. One decent effort just wide but was offside anyway.

Fabio for 10 mins at the end against tired players is fine; starting against fresh players is something he’s not ready for - perhaps good to get his feet back on the ground today.

Just back - what a shambles - clashed heads, drone affair, ref’s mic and a fake red card - don’t think I’ve experienced a game like that before.

And absolutely freezing.

Neves and Moutinho the difference today, ran the midfield and controlled the middle of the park. Wing backs always gave them an option too and we were pretty solid, though unspectacular.

Silva was always going to struggle against that physicality, especially on his own - did his best. Podence was good, always showed for it and got about well - not as many theatrics and giving the ball away today - definite improvement all round.

A decent three points against a nasty side and horrible fixture.

The players look together, unified and are a proper unit. They fight for each other. I love what I see - we’re tough to beat and we play sone beautiful attacking football when we’re on our game.

We absolutely wouldn’t have won this game 12 months ago under Nuno, in my opinion.

Frank's tapping his watch to moan about time wasting while we had a player down with a head injury (even though he was pretending). Fuck off you massive bellend.
gonna enjoy a glass of wine watching him whinge about it on motd. He could have been humble when they won at the mol but a twat’s gonna be a twat.

gonna enjoy a glass of wine watching him whinge about it on motd. He could have been humble when they won at the mol but a twat’s gonna be a twat.
Hope you’re better at avoiding falling asleep than me - we’re even after Leeds Newcastle in the running order.

Just re watched their goal a few times they literally use American football blocking tactics

Just re watched their goal a few times they literally use American football blocking tactics
Yes they crowd Donk and stop him getting to the back post. I have no problem with that, it's a good plan. I hope Tony Roberts sticks it in his playbook.

Of course you're still relying on someone being able to volley a low shot into the corner from a 40 yard diagonal overhead pass. 9/10 times he fluffs it.

Everyone else will be much more grown up about this, but I’ve got to say that I’m a bit pissed off that we were 8th after 16 games, we then take 13 points from the next 5 and… we’re still 8th. I know, I know, but, still…

Everyone else will be much more grown up about this, but I’ve got to say that I’m a bit pissed off that we were 8th after 16 games, we then take 13 points from the next 5 and… we’re still 8th. I know, I know, but, still…
That is a bit mad like.

We haven't stood still though, we've consolidated 8th. After GW 16 we were a point ahead of 9th and 10th and two ahead of 11th and 4 5 and 6 points behind the teams in 7th 6th and 5/4th.

Compare that to now, we're 5, 8 and 9 points ahead of those behind us and just 1, 2, 3 and 4 behind those in front of us.

We haven't stood still though, we've consolidated 8th. After GW 16 we were a point ahead of 9th and 10th and two ahead of 11th and 4 5 and 6 points behind the teams in 7th 6th and 5/4th.

Compare that to now, we're 5, 8 and 9 points ahead of those behind us and just 1, 2, 3 and 4 behind those in front of us.
I know you’re right.
Still wish we were 7th at least though.

You just know Villa will win three on the trot and go up to fourth don't you :ROFLMAO:

Back