• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I need to read that now. I still can't believe people were queuing to have their photo taken with him by the subway that once before one of our games, why the fuck would you want your photo taken with him??

I implore you not to read Spiers' 'report' on the game. It's worse than watching Norwich away this season on a loop.
I’m not normally a Tim basher but I don’t know what that first bit is and then the rest is just a copy and paste from a Twitter timeline. It really isn’t subscription level Journalism. Fortunately I’ve now got another year at £10 rather than the full price!

Rúben Neves' game by numbers vs. Brentford:

100% take-on success
93 touches
11 ball recoveries
5 tackles made
3 take-ons
1 goal

João Moutinho's game by numbers vs. Brentford:

100% tackle success
87 touches
10 ball recoveries
5 tackles made
5 clearances
1 goal

100% take-on success
93 touches
11 ball recoveries
5 tackles made
3 take-ons
1 goal

100% tackle success
87 touches
10 ball recoveries
5 tackles made
5 clearances
1 goal
But surely they can't play together? We need a snotter and/or box to box midfielder

Dendonker isn’t in great form and hasn’t been for some time but he’s too easy a target at the moment. He had a decent game in place of Neves last week and also fulfilled the role yesterday that he was asked to do, which ultimately allowed both Ruben and Joao to get on the scoresheet.

He will never be as good as the other two, is a direct downgrade if replacing them and isn’t at the level he was two seasons ago, but he does carry out an important role in a squad that doesn’t really have any midfield alternative. If he’d sulked, thrown his toys out of the pram or demanded a transfer we’d have been in real trouble. His work in games can go unnoticed and I’d like to see him given a little slack ;)

For the record, I do hope we strengthen CM this window and believe it’s vital to our development.

Watch him play for Belgium and he fulfills a similar unimaginative role. He is what he is and provides managers with that 6 out of 10 performance they sometimes need. Rarely will he dominate a game and score worldies like Neves can but neither will he hide like others we’ve had in the past or give up and go through the motions like some have before him.

Think he was involved in the build up to both goals esterday wasn't he? But I agree a solid, reliable utility play for the squad

Watch him play for Belgium and he fulfills a similar unimaginative role. He is what he is and provides managers with that 6 out of 10 performance they sometimes need. Rarely will he dominate a game and score worldies like Neves can but neither will he hide like others we’ve had in the past or give up and go through the motions like some have before him.
He also offers good physical presence on set pieces, does some good running (as proven by his almost identical parts in both goals yesterday), and i like that he is always right in the thick of things with opposing players if things get a bit gnarly.

100% take-on success
93 touches
11 ball recoveries
5 tackles made
3 take-ons
1 goal

100% tackle success
87 touches
10 ball recoveries
5 tackles made