• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (H) 10/2: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stats back it up. 60% possession for us (I.e “control”), but all the meaningful attempts for them.
That attempt was meaningful.

Good save.

If Bellegarde had started I'd be bringing him off at half time, he's been absolutely nothing. I'd probably look at Doyle for Gomes, we need a bit more invention on the ball

Brilliant bit of play ending with a good Neto header just, JUST kept out by the keeper, right on the line! So close!

Good cross. Good header. Good save.

Sarabia on the left with the cross, Neto coming in off the right. Deffo the way to go.

Ugh they've switched back again!

Tactical HT subs don’t happen almost ever, I don’t know why we ask for them.

Figuring it out a bit now. Our corners still pretty meh though.

If Bellegarde had started I'd be bringing him off at half time, he's been absolutely nothing. I'd probably look at Doyle for Gomes, we need a bit more invention on the ball
Hindsight and all that, but Fraser playing through the middle with Neto & Sarabia either side would have been better than watching Bellegarde wandering around the field like he’s been invited along for a daytrip.

Poor first half. Absolutely asked for them to score and they should have done more than once. Our attacks go nowhere. Loose passes, lack of pace, lack of quality and Brentford deservedly lead 1-0 at H/T. Now for 45+ mins of Brentford wasting time as they try and grab a second as we push forward.

On the plus side we're only 1 down and we're very resilient these days.

On the negative side I don't think we have the tools to get back into this

Dawson’s looked his age at points (none moreso than the goal) and Sá has looked more baked than me on April 20th.

Otherwise we’ve mostly nullified them; Toney has barely had a kick which is no accident. They’re stupidly well-organized though and with the lead are so compressed and tough to break down.

Gonna take some magic from here.

Re: Bellegarde, he’s working hard and has held the ball up okay for the most part. Doesn’t seem to have a forward’s instincts at all, though. Not sure what Gary sees in persisting with him so high up the pitch. He’s not stinking Molineux out but he’s not a threat in that position at all.

We've been 2nd best. And the annoying thing is you could see we were going to be 2nd best inside the first 30 seconds. They've pretty much won every 50/50 ball and are more physical than us. Losing Cunha is a blow and his replacement, Bellegarde, just looks a really poor player. Every time I see him I think he gets more useless. RAN and Semedo have possibly been our best players. And Semedo hasn't been that good.

I was really enjoying being the only team in the league who hadn’t conceded from a corner and now we’ve conceded 3 in 3. Classic reversion to the mean.
Yup. Looked to me that Sa called for that and Dawson ducked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back