• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (H) 15/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great run by Nunes, great run by hwang too. Good thing is that Nunes had options to pick out

Can’t describe the relegation pressure relief with that second goal. Difficult to gauge sometimes just watching the odd game live and reading the comments on here but that feels like a defining moment.

You create your own luck with intelligent positioning, IMO.

For whatever Hwang lacks, he 100% can find gaps in a defense and exploit them.

He’s very good at being in the right place to pick up those scraps.

Great game from Costa. I think only Nunes pips him to MOTM so far.

Never thought I’d say this about Hwang, after that performance against Liverpool a while back, but I really like the bloke and want him to do well.

He also has that rare quality of just getting in the right place at the right time, and we don’t have many players in our squad that we can say that about.

Standing ovation for Diego and rightly deserved. Been excellent.

Gomes and Costa getting much deserved ovations. Superb, the pair of them

Lemina/Nunes Central, Moutinho as a 10, and Traore wide right.

Lol never change Adama....

Never thought I’d say this about Hwang, after that performance against Liverpool a while back, but I really like the bloke and want him to do well.

He also has that rare quality of just getting in the right place at the right time, and we don’t have many players in our squad that we can say that about.

There’s definitely a very good player in there, even if it’s just as a squad option. He’s just a big confidence player but Lopetegui is getting a tune out of him.

The weird thing is that hwangs chance had an xg of 0.24 - seems a bit low!

I’ve been very vocal of how rubbish he is. I think it’s more technically he’s poor, in he’s not going to play in close areas. He’s fairly quick, direct and energetic and we’re actually playing to his strengths. Ofcourse, he is what he is, but again, il take it

God, sometimes Hwang's touch is like velcro, other times it's a brick. Fucking weirdo.

The weird thing is that hwangs chance had an xg of 0.24 - seems a bit low!
I guess it came at him quickly and was a one touch or bust chance. Still should be higher though.

To be honest I think the change in Nunes is the most stark under Lopetegui. He’s absolutely purring.

Oh fuck, Mario's hammy? That would not be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back