• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (H) 15/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Same template please, same intensity. Their biggest threat is set pieces so while I wouldn't have been looking to drop Toti anyway, I'd say we definitely need him here. Hopefully Costa can play two games in a row, he's no real goal threat but we need that focal point.

Who knows if Podence will be available, I might be tempted to pick Neto anyway.

Win this and we're very close to being safe.

----------------------------Sa------------------------------

Semedo------------Dawson---------Kilman-------Toti

Nunes-------------Lemina----------Gomes--------Neto

-------------------------Cunha--------------------------

--------------------------Costa-------------------------

2022/23: D 1-1 (A)
2021/22: L 0-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2017/18: W 3-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2016/17: W 3-1 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2015/16: L 0-2 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2014/15: W 2-1 (H), L 0-4 (A)
2013/14: D 0-0 (H), W 3-0 (A)

Could really have done with Toney getting his yellow card ban before this game. Awful team to play against

I went to the 1-1 draw this season at their place and they were just as bad as us on the day.

Hopefully we can press well and play with a good tempo. They’ll be hard to break down mind.

DW's team for me.

Same template please, same intensity. Their biggest threat is set pieces so while I wouldn't have been looking to drop Toti anyway, I'd say we definitely need him here. Hopefully Costa can play two games in a row, he's no real goal threat but we need that focal point.

Got all 19 with 4:54 to go

Strange team Brentford and you expect a tough game but a quick look at their recent form and it’s nothing great. Failed to beat Leicester, Leeds, Everton and Palace. Only 1 win in last 6.

They are obviously dangerous from set pieces, long throws etc and very direct. But hoepfully we can be better than them in the middle and the same midfield as Saturday should certainly be combative and mobile enough too.

I’m happy with the same side. Only really that LM role which is up for grabs.

Could really have done with Toney getting his yellow card ban before this game. Awful team to play against
Or his other ban! Podence will probably be banned though!

I like DWs team but have a feeling Hwang will start rather than Neto.
Wonder if Lemina will be on Toney duty?

I’m hoping Hwang is only used as a CF from now on.

Thought he did ok in both roles Saturday.

I think it'll be Pod again Saturday although I'd probably go with Sarabia for his work rate.
Didn’t really see much of him on the left, thought he did well as the forward. I’m not massively averse to him playing there but I’d rather play Neto, Sarabia or even Pod.

19/19, took me ages to remember who scored the third in 2016. Remember the goal being in injury time but took 1,2,3,4 guesses to get there.

I’m hoping Hwang is only used as a CF from now on.
I think whatever position he plays his limitations are going to be there to, quite hard to hide his lack of technical ability. I thought he played quite well off the right against Liverpool and West Ham (?) where his pressing really helped the team.

I’d start Hwang through the middle instead of Costa.

More likely to score a goal and more likely to run more than ten yards.

I’d actually prefer Raul to the pair of them but I guess it’s just the best of an awful bunch for the rest of this season.

I think whatever position he plays his limitations are going to be there to, quite hard to hide his lack of technical ability. I thought he played quite well off the right against Liverpool and West Ham (?) where his pressing really helped the team.
I dunno, for all the shit he gets about his first touch, I thought the ball was sticking to him pretty well on Saturday.

Granted, you know much more about player evaluation than I do!

I don't mind either Hwang or Costa up front. The important thing is the same formation and desire.

Whilst Brentford are having a good season they’ve only won three away from home, with 7 draws. No reason we shouldn’t beat them.

Only change I’d make is Hwang for Pod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back