• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (H) 15/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brentford are beatable if we match them physically, and ensure they don’t go one goal up because Frank is almost as bad as Eddie Howe for the dark arts.

Paul Tierney - ref
Craig Pawson - 4th official
Stuart Attwell - VAR

FFS.

We all seem to go FFS for any ref / VAR so who would need to be named for us to go "thats ok, happy with those 2"

No problem with Paul Tierney to be fair

No problem with Paul Tierney to be fair
Naturally I can’t remember which match he had this weekend that I was watching, but definitely remember making a few weird (though not significant IIRC) decisions.

Pre-caffeine brain says he had Palace v Leeds?

Naturally I can’t remember which match he had this weekend that I was watching, but definitely remember making a few weird (though not significant IIRC) decisions.

Pre-caffeine brain says he had Palace v Leeds?

Possibly but nothing significant or game changing

It was Liverpool v Arsenal.

He's had us 3 times this year, Liverpool home and away and West Ham away

Last edited:
We all seem to go FFS for any ref / VAR so who would need to be named for us to go "thats ok, happy with those 2"
Whenever Stuart Attwell is involved it gets a “FFS” automatically.

Fine as in better than expected, but still a few 'odd' decisions [corner or non corner in front of the NB the obvious one] and leniency towards Kovacic throughout and giving Koulibaly a free kick when Hwang got the better of him near the end. I think the big difference is we were winning and so there was little shithousery and timewasting from the opposition that other refs this season have been too weak to stamp out. We try it and are so bad at it even the crowd groans and play just carries on!

Was it J Gomes who charged down a shot before Cunha broke forward and put a poor pass into Nunes?

Not a pen though, nothing Gomes could've done in time and his arm was in a natural position by the looks of things.
He had his arm out, it was close proximity but I don't think it was a "natural" position.

We were very lucky.

(Although what is a natural position anyway, always hated that term, anywhere you can put your arm is natural)

Under the rules the refs are using it wasn't a penalty. So ref and VAR called it correctly.

Couple of seasons ago it probably would have been given.

I agree with NSL, the worst decision for me was the Hwang one. How many times have we seen an obvious offside or decision be ignored to allow play to continue (which is a stupid rule but what they've been told to do), only for them to eventually call play back. For me, they should have let play carry on and then gone back to have a look at it and ruled it out accordingly, if that's what they thought.

Replays of that moment look like Hwang was just the stronger player - and Moutinho would have had a tap in for 2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back