• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 0-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I think with Lemina, Gomes, Doyle and Boubacar we can generally perm any 2 from 4 and put out a pretty decent midfield. Traore is a slight drop off from the others at the moment, but the other 3 I would have no qualms playing any of them. There is an energy and dynamism about them that has been missing in our midfield for some time.
Yep, Doyle deserves to keep his place upon Gomes return too, assuming he continues his good form against Albion.

Yep, Doyle deserves to keep his place upon Gomes return too, assuming he continues his good form against Albion.
Disagree. I agree with @Lycan in that Doyle is now showing what he is capable of. I have been impressed the past 2-3 weeks, as I wasn't sure what type of midfielder her was.
However Gomes is the better player, and should 100% come back in for the Utd game.

I think Gomes playing well is better, but I think he can drift out of games and have dodgy spells in games. Doyle isn't as good at the top end, but I think he has a consistent level that doesn't really drop. It's a nice problem to have for a manager.

Disagree. I agree with @Lycan in that Doyle is now showing what he is capable of. I have been impressed the past 2-3 weeks, as I wasn't sure what type of midfielder her was.
However Gomes is the better player, and should 100% come back in for the Utd game.
Lets see how the Albion game goes.

It's horses for courses, surely.

I would always go with Gomes in games where we're not expected to have much possession. Not sure Man Utd at home fits that category these days.

You could also play both alongside Lemina and go with a front two if that suits.

I would never blindly say "X deserves to keep his place" if you know there's probably a more suitable option, that's the mindset that leads to Dave Edwards keeping his automatic spot in the team despite contributing bugger all except a random goal 3 weeks ago. Pick the team that's most suitable for the next game.

It's horses for courses, surely.

I would always go with Gomes in games where we're not expected to have much possession. Not sure Man Utd at home fits that category these days.

You could also play both alongside Lemina and go with a front two if that suits.

I would never blindly say "X deserves to keep his place" if you know there's probably a more suitable option, that's the mindset that leads to Dave Edwards keeping his automatic spot in the team despite contributing bugger all except a random goal 3 weeks ago. Pick the team that's most suitable for the next game.
3 great options with Bouba as back up is really nice to have.

Back