• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 0-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Fantastic performance, I took a bet from a customer, I had Brighton he had Wolves and the draw, delighted to be paying a tenner out.

Play like that against the scum and we will hammer them

Well deserved point, could have even won.

Really struggled with their moment first five or so minutes and I thought it was going to be a long game for us, but we were organised after that and looked a threat on the break.

Midfield did well, Doyle is gradually getting up to speed in this league and looks less like a kid with every game.

Doherty was pretty tragic in the first half but sorted himself out second half was largely fine.

We ask Toti to do a lot, some of it quite strange looking but he clearly follows his instructions well and gives everything. The whole back line defended in the box really well I thought.

The Cunha thing was so weird. Can only assume he didn't feel he had position to get there, or else he probably is as annoyed with himself as any of us.
He pulled up to lose the defender. Probably waited a tad too long to do it as it was the same time Neto pulled the trigger.

If you watch the replay you can see he actually created a clean passing lane. The timing was just off between the two of them.

Well deserved point, could have even won.

Really struggled with their moment first five or so minutes and I thought it was going to be a long game for us, but we were organised after that and looked a threat on the break.

Midfield did well, Doyle is gradually getting up to speed in this league and looks less like a kid with every game.

Doherty was pretty tragic in the first half but sorted himself out second half was largely fine.

We ask Toti to do a lot, some of it quite strange looking but he clearly follows his instructions well and gives everything. The whole back line defended in the box really well I thought.
I thought Toti bailed out Doc numerous times and he had a sink hole of possession in front of him in Doc that offered no out ball as Semedo had with Sarabia/ Neto.

Doc was easily the worst player on the pitch for us. I was really surprised he didn't get hooked.

The players seem more aware of what's being asked of them in different situations now. Kilman still comes out of defence to engage the ball at times but where previously it was leaving us vulnerable because there was a gaping hole where he was, Lemina just steps in to his position now to cover. It's something simple but something that wasn't addressed previously.

Think I heard Brighton have scored at the Amex in their previous 22 league games?

I thought Toti bailed out Doc numerous times and he had a sink hole of possession in front of him in Doc that offered no out ball as Semedo had with Sarabia/ Neto.

Doc was easily the worst player on the pitch for us. I was really surprised he didn't get hooked.
Oh in possession he was horrible. How can you be a professional footballer at this level and not be able to receive the ball on your back foot?

GON seems quietly confident we’ll get a forward over the line “on loan”, according to his post match presser.

Got to be the best spoken Wolves manager since when Big Mick first came in.
He certainly talks the most😃
I always liked Micks interviews, good fun.
Jackett was OK.
Zenga don't remember much.
Lambert unintelligable.
Nuno clearly hated the media, said very little.
Lage was a bumbling idiot.
JL suffered a hit from his poor English, made him a hit self conscious I thought.

Our first 0-0 draw since all the way back in August 2022 at Bournemouth when O'Neil was their manager and Lage was still stinking out the place here.

More than merited the point for me, though playing Doherty is like playing with 10 men, please stop it. Toti, Semedo, Doyle and Neto all had excellent games.

Really happy with that result overall . It would have been great to score first and see how they would have reacted .

It's hard to believe that it is only a month or so since West Ham put three past us with no reply , or indeed the Forest match at home . That's six matches unbeaten now with four wins in that .
We're competing now for a position between 6th - 11th , as opposed to between 12th - 16th , and we're good value for it too .

Have to mention Semedo - I have been a critic of him as have others , but he just seems to be growing in confidence hugely under O' Neil . It has not happened over night , but it is happening .
Doyle as well has fitted in really well at a time when we needed him badly due to the absence of Gomes and Lemina .
Lemina finishing strong after the month he has had .
Neto - he's not back 100% yet , but by God he's not far off . He could do with Hwang waiting inside . Maybe he just needs to check a fraction more before crossing or striking . He was so close .

What a difference it is following a team away again that compete and look to win games. Brighton are a very good side and we did struggle for the first 10 but we soon got to grips with them and with better decision making would have edged the game. A point was more than welcome though.

Just a couple of points, I’m definitely one of Semedo’s biggest detractors mainly because i find it infuriating at how good he is but then how bad he is. Last night though, absolutely outstanding defensively and not terrible going forward either, possibly just edging my MOTM.

Now to the other side, Mr Doherty. Never a left wing back, body shape all wrong etc… we can all see it but defended his back post brilliantly and provided more aerial protection that we needed. Most would want Bueno to play but not on recent performances, caught out defensively a lot and poor in an attacking sense far too often considering his attributes and still doesn’t look fully fit. Can’t wait until Rayan is back.

We’re looking like a decent Premier League side now and hopefully we can manage to bring a couple in this month and hopefully support Gary in the summer because we may be on to something pretty good here.

I think with Lemina, Gomes, Doyle and Boubacar we can generally perm any 2 from 4 and put out a pretty decent midfield. Traore is a slight drop off from the others at the moment, but the other 3 I would have no qualms playing any of them. There is an energy and dynamism about them that has been missing in our midfield for some time.

Back