• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 0-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

A very good point considering recent games against Brighton. But also very frustrating we couldn't take one of the chances we made. The game was there to be won and we more than matched Brighton. I think we missed a No.9 through the middle tonight. With Hwang I think we would have won. Shame Fraser couldn't get 15-20 mins tbh.

Doyle my MOTM.

Last edited:
Level on points with Newcastle. Not bad

Felt the tactics were very obvious, but sometimes even though you know what’s coming, it’s difficult to play against and I have to give GON kudos as we’re so organised now.

Cunha under par. Semedo MOTM for me. Doyle & Neto a close second. Also felt Dawson just won so many headers & made a lot of blocks.

It’s a good point away from home, with a slight tinge of disappointment that we didn’t get all three given we created the better opportunities.

We’ve come a long way this season & I have to say GON and the players are doing a great job. Would love them to be backed with a signing or two to help them out over the second half of the season but suspect that’s asking too much.

Well done tonight, boys.

Good away point that but had the chances to win it. I'd say if Hwang was there tonight we would have, too often good balls in from Neto and nobody attacking it

Really good point. Felt we played on the counter well against a creative team.

João Pedro having a stinker helped although Cunha did his best to match him.

Doyle was poor first 20 but really he's into the game and dominated the ball when he had it in the second half.

Bellegarde looked crap when he came on but Neto looked pin sharp.

Oh for a centre forward with Neto and Cunha either side.

Semedo MotM for me, brilliant on and off the ball.

Would’ve taken that before the game, thought we were the better side second half and could’ve won it. Nevertheless big improvement’s especially considering what happened less than 12 months ago.

Thought Brighton opened us up too easily in the first 10 mins and then we adjusted to track them better. A really solid defensive performance thereafter with everyone playing their part. In midfield, Doyle ran the show and when he started to tire, Lemina stepped up and was absolutely critical in driving us on to get the point. Upfront was disappointing but at least we created some chances and with a bit more guile, may have grabbed all three points. At least we put up a fight this time....

A very well deserved point. Brighton had the possession and territorial advantage for most of the game, but we made the clearest and best chances. A bit disappointing we couldn't take one of them, Cunha hanging back when Neto put that beauty of a cross in especially frustrating.

Some excellent individual performances: Semedo, Doyle, Neto, Dawson, and Lemina were all excellent. Doherty didn't do anything wrong, but that might be because he didn't do anything. Semedo might just get the MOTM nod from me, although Neto comes darned close.

Don’t think it was a drab 0-0 either and actually thought it was of good quality in most parts.
Very mature defending by the 3 at back and a really strong performance by Nelson considering the mate he had there last April.
It’s nothing spectacular as a results but considering how far away we thought we were from BHA in August it’s a sign that we’re moving in the right direction.

The Cunha thing was so weird. Can only assume he didn't feel he had position to get there, or else he probably is as annoyed with himself as any of us.

Even though it was 0-0, I enjoyed that! Thought we were good tonight, and with a bit more composure in the final third, we could have won it.

Most pleasing aspect for me was the defence. We snuffed them out so well, and in the end Brighton just ran out of ideas. Dawson was imperious and Semedo a MOTM contender. We keep so few clean sheets so it's nice to get one against a side who normally have a field day against us.

I don't think we show that level of desire and fight under Lopetegui. O'Neil really had made us a proper team, and we kept on trying to hit them on the break right through to the end.

Wonderful to see Neto start, and he was a constant threat, and Doyle had a very solid game in CM as well.

Another dismal refereeing performance as well with zero consistency. Very frustrating.

We're heading in the right direction, a lot more to be happy about than not.

Encouraging.

Last edited:
An excellent away point. After a certain local dust up the next two games n the league could see us improve our league position if we play well.

Longest active unbeaten home runs in the Premier League

22 - Liverpool
20 - Man City
17 - Aston Villa
9 - Brighton
8 - Wolves
Tbh my main takeaway there is the job Emery has done with Villa, the bastard.

Got to be satisfied with a point away to Brighton, they had a lot of the ball but don't think Sa had a proper save to make. We had the better chances and opportunities.
First time for a long while we looked like running out of steam, think the FA Cup games caught up with us a bit, Lemina really stepped up when we were flagging.

Did I really see Pawson give a free kick against us for 2 Brighton players running into one another?

Back