• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton (H, FAC) 28/2: Build-Up & Match Thread

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Full strength please, absolutely no question.

They have a trip to Rome next week, will they prioritise that? They had a lot of the ball on Saturday against Everton but didn't do much with it and got bailed out with a late equaliser. Gilmour is banned and Joao Pedro is injured. Semedo's Kryptonite in Mitoma is back now though and Adingra looks a good player on the other side.

I thought we should have won at their place last month and their away form isn't great, hopefully we can put ourselves one step away from Wembley.

----------------------------Sa--------------------

--------------Kilman-----Dawson----Toti-----------

Semedo---------Lemina------J Gomes-----Ait-Nouri

-------------Sarabia-----Hwang----Neto------------

2023/24: L 1-4 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2022/23: L 2-3 (H), L 0-6 (A)
2021/22: L 0-3 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2020/21: W 2-1 (H), D 3-3 (A)
2019/20: D 0-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2018/19: D 0-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2016/17: L 0-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2015/16: D 0-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2014/15: D 2-2 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2012/13: D 3-3 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2005/06: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2004/05: D 1-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2002/03: D 1-1 (H), L 1-4 (A)

Biggest game of the season so far if you ask me, full strength. Completely different complexion on this fixture compared to what it was back in August.

Wouldn't surprise me if Hwang was rested after his pre game moment. If he isn't there's a question as to whether we are more effective with him on the left and Neto down the middle than vice versa with neither being ideal

Wouldn't surprise me if Hwang was rested after his pre game moment. If he isn't there's a question as to whether we are more effective with him on the left and Neto down the middle than vice versa with neither being ideal
We'd almost certainly play Bellegarde down the middle if we rested Hwang, and no-one wants to see that.

Don't think there was a fitness issue with Hwang and his performance yesterday, just had one of his fairly frequent days where he has trampoline control and doesn't get involved in the game.

It's a good point. It felt like we were far more fluid when it was Hwang, Cunha and Neto as a trio. Whereas since Hwang has come back he's very much been the central forward, and it doesn't suit him.

Hwang was moving well enough, he just looked like he had completely forgotten how to actually play football.

I read earlier that Mitoma was out, but may be wrong?

Only really city/liverpool left in the cup to fear, a kind draw and we could reach the final. Full strength please and see where it takes us, would love another trip to Wembley to right a few wrongs.

Let's hope Brighton doesn't sit back and try to hit us with the counter. I'm thinking they may see the 0-0 draw be out of line as opposed to the previous two beat downs they had against us. They'll want to score early as our defense can be horrible in the first 10+ minutes of a game or half. I'm going to remain positive, and Wolves get it over the line and move on.

Something about Hwang in the middle makes him absoutely appaling. On the wing, he's a threat. Through the centre, he has all the grace, poise and control of a weed smoking degenerate.

Given it's the cup, I'd very much like to see Fraser given a run out instead.

Something about Hwang in the middle makes him absoutely appaling. On the wing, he's a threat. Through the centre, he has all the grace, poise and control of a weed smoking degenerate.

Given it's the cup, I'd very much like to see Fraser given a run out instead.
Agree with the sentiment and I’ve liked what I’ve seen of Fraser, but he’s not ready to start in a really big game (well, I think it is). Can Sarabia play the false 9 with the same front three? It’s got to be the same personnel up front in some configuration hasn’t it? Everything else is a massive step down.

The biggest game of the season is the next cup tie. That will be the case until August.

Back