• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Brom (A, FAC) 28/1: Build-Up & Match Thread

It makes sense now that you’ve said that. I’d never considered the venue and draw might be related.

I don’t think I could watch a draw here even if I wanted to.
As said, they draw each fixture one at a time. Home team first then away team.

It makes sense now that you’ve said that. I’d never considered the venue and draw might be related.

I don’t think I could watch a draw here even if I wanted to.

You'll be able to watch it on the FA's YouTube channel I'd imagine

Are you from this world??
When we used to come over it was on the first plane and we'd get into the 'Moon' about 0830 for breakfast and the number of people drinking beer was surprising!
Fuck knows when they started!
We've all walked past a spoonies before 9am and seen punters drinking with (or for) their breakfast.

I just assumed these were different punters to the ones who follow football.

Alan is a fan from the US. They do sport differently over there.
It takes reading one press release to figure out how it works. For how long he has posted here and how much he values his own opinion you’d think he would know such a basic fact.

Re the 1970s comparison, ITV did say they weren't showing the worst bits, so we might find out afterwards it was worse than we thought.
They don't though these days, the same as streakers and pitch invasions. The media don't add credence to these incidents by broadcasting it.

Not being there or seeing any real coverage of what was actually going on makes it very hard to draw comparisons to times when there was full on pitch invasions, full on pitch fighting and mounted police charges.

It takes reading one press release to figure out how it works. For how long he has posted here and how much he values his own opinion you’d think he would know such a basic fact.
No need mate, he didn't know so he asked.

He'd be the first to admit there are bits about the game he doesn't quite get as yet, some countries automatically place the lower ranked team at home which could muddy the issue, we just don't have to think about it as we've grown up with it and known it for decades.

They don't though these days, the same as streakers and pitch invasions. The media don't add credence to these incidents by broadcasting it.

Not being there or seeing any real coverage of what was actually going on makes it very hard to draw comparisons to times when there was full on pitch invasions, full on pitch fighting and mounted police charges.

Not sure what happened in the far corner but near us it was just Albion fans throwing bottles etc onto the pitch/into the away end and then piling up against the police in that corner. Basically 100+ kids and gammony old men getting their arse handed to them in front of 4K Wolves fans taking the piss.

It was a total embarrassment for all involved apart from the Police who handled it brilliantly.

I knew draws decided who played who but didn’t understand the order tied into who’s at home and who isn’t. I’ve been curious about it for years but never thought to ask until the shenanigans today.

It didn’t seem like something we controlled so I just rode the wave.

Not sure what happened in the far corner but near us it was just Albion fans throwing bottles etc onto the pitch/into the away end and then piling up against the police in that corner. Basically 100+ kids and gammony old men getting their arse handed to them in front of 4K Wolves fans taking the piss.

It was a total embarrassment for all involved apart from the Police who handled it brilliantly.
30 minutes later and they still wouldn’t sit down… wtf were they doing!?

The police can’t win as they go heavy handed it causes more trouble (and they are outnumbered anyway) but then just standing there letting these cunts froth at the mouth shouting in their face for no reason? Grow up you weapons

30 minutes later and they still wouldn’t sit down… wtf were they doing!?

The police can’t win as they go heavy handed it causes more trouble (and they are outnumbered anyway) but then just standing there letting these cunts froth at the mouth shouting in their face for no reason? Grow up you weapons

There were a few comments around us today while they were having their moment... If that was us our fans would be chanting at the idiots telling them to sit down. Especially after that announcement over the PA system.

Back