• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Brentford: Verdict Thread

To be honest it's sheer refusal to break a 36 year habit for me now. I haven't left before so I'm not leaving now. Nearest I came was when Keet Andrews put Albion 4-1 up, if it didn't happen that time then it'll never happen.
I stayed when we were 2-0 down against Sheff Utd in the 90s, I stayed when we were 5-1 down against Albion. I've always stayed to the end.

But I did leave early when we were 3-0 down at home to Brighton.

I understand not wanting to stay through the end of a poor loss but part of me does also raise an eyebrow at it. It can legitimately hurt to watch, no doubt, but it’s always a possibility when you put down the money,

Think it goes back somewhat to the wild swings in judgement on the team from match to match.

I stayed when we were 2-0 down against Sheff Utd in the 90s, I stayed when we were 5-1 down against Albion. I've always stayed to the end.

But I did leave early when we were 3-0 down at home to Brighton.

Oh I stayed for that. I wanted to tell Bruno Lage to fuck off.

I did as well and got some odd looks from the 'we're 8th m8' crew.

I’ve never been able to fathom anyone leaving a game early (except personal/travel circumstances).

Mainly from the fear that I may miss something (spectacular goal etc) mind you!

There were loads around me who left when we were 2-0 down away at Villa
It feels as though its worse to do it for an away game, usually you’ve made a significant effort to go to an away game.

There's also that bunch of people who leave their seats early and watch the end of the game in the concourse so they don't have to endure the scrum to get out of the seats at FT.

I've done that before when the game had gone.

I walked out of the game that essentially confirmed our relegation under Saunders.

I just didn't want to be in the ground when the whistle went..

The other thing is we've scored loads this season in the 85th minute or later (granted, we didn't look much like doing so on Saturday).

If it were a question of 'this is over, no point' then realistically I could have left as soon as it went 0-1 in nearly any game under Lage...

The only time I almost left early was many years ago, I was in the family enclosure with my youngest.
We’d just gone 3-0 down in the penalty shootout against Sheffield Wednesday, I got down to the front and thought we’ll just see what happens with the next Penalty.
Suffice to say, I/we have never thought about leaving before the final whistle since.

My dad wanted to leave when we were 3-0 on penalties to Sheff Wednesday, it's the only time he's ever said that. I convinced him to stay

Edit. For the avoidance of doubt rovert47 isn't my dad.

Stayed for the Sheff Utd one and don’t usually leave early, however, first game in the prem, was it Charlton? We were 3-0 down and every time they came forward it looked like they were going to score. A combination of my old man’s constant moaning and the fact I was risking divorce simply being there made me leave well before half time (puts tin hat on and slithers away for cover ) 😬

My dad wanted to leave when we were 3-0 on penalties to Sheff Wednesday, it's the only time he's ever said that. I convinced him to stay

Edit. For the avoidance of doubt rovert47 isn't my dad.
I also wanted to leave then, my Dad convinced me to stay.

Stayed for the Sheff Utd one and don’t usually leave early, however, first game in the prem, was it Charlton? We were 3-0 down and every time they came forward it looked like they were going to score. A combination of my old man’s constant moaning and the fact I was risking divorce simply being there made me leave well before half time (puts tin hat on and slithers away for cover ) 😬
How did that work out for you, going by your username?

I don't go often enough to leave early, the exception being Fulham away in 2012, 5-0 in the pissing rain with a seat nowhere near a roof. The pubs of west London were a much more enticing prospect.

I don't go often enough to leave early, the exception being Fulham away in 2012, 5-0 in the pissing rain with a seat nowhere near a roof. The pubs of west London were a much more enticing prospect.
Oh good god, the Terry Connor glory days!

Back