• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton (A) 22/1: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Back to league action for the first time in nearly a month. Still light on options so most positions pick themselves - at CH Santi can count himself unfortunate if he misses out as he was very good in both cup games, but I would expect Dawson to play if fully fit.

An absolutely MISERABLE last four outings against this lot, I'd say we can't get worse but I don't want to tempt anything!

Good luck to those attending, don't envy you getting away from Falmer at around 10pm on a Monday night in January.

-----------------------------Sa-------------------------------

---------------Kilman-------Dawson-------Toti-------------

Semedo-----------Lemina---------Doyle-----------H Bueno

--------------Sarabia------Cunha-------Neto---------------

2023/24: L 1-4 (H)
2022/23: L 2-3 (H), L 0-6 (A)
2021/22: L 0-3 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2020/21: W 2-1 (H), D 3-3 (A)
2019/20: D 0-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2018/19: D 0-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2016/17: L 0-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2015/16: D 0-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2014/15: D 1-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2012/13: D 3-3 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2005/06: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2004/05: D 1-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2002/03: D 1-1 (H), L 1-4 (A)

Mitoma isn't playing so hopefully that means Semedo won't fall to pieces. I'd pick that team, GON seemed to be bigging up Bellegarde as the false 9 last night though so wouldn't surprise me if it's him instead of Neto.

Albion? Hope we cover their seats with something

Brain tells me we have no chance of winning there but the League Table tells me we will be level with them if we win. Are they just struggling with injuries and their schedule?

Neto has to start this one. Done his recovery time now (not my fault if he gets crocked after 15 mins)

Albion? Hope we cover their seats with something

Brain tells me we have no chance of winning there but the League Table tells me we will be level with them if we win. Are they just struggling with injuries and their schedule?

Neto has to start this one. Done his recovery time now (not my fault if he gets crocked after 15 mins)
They seem to give away an inordinate amount of complete nonsense goals this season, stupid individual errors or being beholden to playing out from the back at all costs.

De Zerbi has also gone all in on rotation, think they've made the most changes week-by-week in the PL by some distance.

This will be tough talk about bogey team. Don't expect anything but a defeat, Lemina, Neto, Cunha keep them on the bench save for the more important game.

May be 30 mins for Neto, and Lemina

I’m going to this one, haven’t decided whether to drive or get the train yet!

Just based on previous games I have zero expectations for this one. They are a very good side.

You are chucking a PL game for the Albion game? You get more bonkers by each post
There is the kernel of a point in that we probably won't qualify for Europe through the league, we 99.99999% won't go down and with Arsenal/West Ham out and three of Chelsea/Villa/Spurs/Man City/Fulham/Spurs certain to follow, the cup could be considered our priority.

But we know that's not why he's saying it :D

I’m going to this one, haven’t decided whether to drive or get the train yet!

Just based on previous games I have zero expectations for this one. They are a very good side.

Having queued up at that proxy train station after a midweek night game before I'd suggest driving.

You are chucking a PL game for the Albion game? You get more bonkers by each post
No I am saying we never win this game anyway, 3 up at HT and draw, I am just resigned to losing it, so would rather not play a game we will lose in anyway.

Can someone tell me the last time we beat them home or away.

I remember going to the Withdean and getting hammered, worked in London at the time.

This is a game we won't win, or get a draw from

No I am saying we never win this game anyway, 3 up at HT and draw, I am just resigned to losing it, so would rather not play a game we will lose in anyway.

Can someone tell me the last time we beat them home or away.

I remember going to the Withdean and getting hammered, worked in London at the time.

This is a game we won't win, or get a draw from
I’ve had to search high and low to find this information for you, spent all of 3 seconds scrolling up to find it.

2021/22: L 0-3 (H), W 1-0 (A)

Gonna lose twice to Albion in one week aren't we?

That should trigger the man babies.

No chance we should be protecting any players for this, there's a week between the games.
Has to be DWs team. Brighton are a very good team but they've been a bit up and down recently haven't they? I'm not writing this game off.

I think they missed Estupinan badly when he was out. Now he's back and Pedro has started scoring more so I think they look ok again.

Gonna be very tough but hopefully we'll be a different proposition from the last time we went there.

Santi playing well recently also gives Gaz a genuine option going forwards now if he wants to give Kilman or Toti a rest.

Team pretty much picks itself as per DWs team.

They won 5 of their first 6.

But only 3 of the last 14 (Forest and Brentford two of them, and they're obviously not very good), with a lot of draws in there. Away form is their main issue, they've still only lost 1 at home (West Ham in August).

They won 5 of their first 6.

But only 3 of the last 14 (Forest and Brentford two of them, and they're obviously not very good), with a lot of draws in there. Away form is their main issue, they've still only lost 1 at home (West Ham in August).
A smash and grab at that. Brighton had 78% possession with West Ham lumping it forward to create on the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back